Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Aftermarket Exhaust questions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xtlover

xtlover

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Mount Vernon

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:54 PM

Ok, im looking to get a catback system made on my XT. I dont want to go to a shop and pay $100 to have it bent, and for 5 minutes of welding. If someone has a system for a XT or works somewhere with access to a pipe bender. I Will pay someone to bend the pipe. Must be in WA and will pay someone to bend it and then pay a little more for delivery since i have no way of carrying it. Let me know guys

#2 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:01 AM

$100?? i borught a muffler to my shop and they did a catback and welded the muffler for only $80...they did catback pipes for $60

#3 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 04 February 2005 - 06:59 AM

where are you getting pipes bent??

i paid $250 fora catback on my impreza and it was the cheapest price for the quality in my area.

hell, it could be like the performance shop i got to wanting at least 800 to make an exhaust manifold for the rx, wow, two pipes with no more than 6 bends.parts cost would be like $75, i know that an hour of welding dont cost $700

good lluck

#4 4WDFrenzy

4WDFrenzy

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 07:14 AM

Well, I don't feel so bad then. I paid $200 for a custom turbo-back system which included the price of a brand new CATCO High-flow cat, to have them make me a bellmouth downpipe, and also to mig weld all the pipes and my canister muffler. Evidently, I got a steal of a deal!

#5 Myxalplyx

Myxalplyx

Old Wise and Dumb

• Members
  • 1,834 posts
  • New Castle

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:26 AM

Cost me around $400 for a downpipe-back custom exhaust piping. I already had the cat converter.

#6 xtlover

xtlover

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Mount Vernon

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:35 AM

Well i called once about a catback system for a mustang, and even if i supplied the muffler it was like $160 installed. I just want a cheap catack:-\

#7 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:01 PM

Well i called once about a catback system for a mustang, and even if i supplied the muffler it was like $160 installed. I just want a cheap catack:-\

that is a cheap catback, sorry to say. mine was 250 after i supplied the muffler, which was another $200.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users