Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sup all?

I'm new to the SUBARU world, I come from a rich Honda backround.. I've been tuning them since 93'.

This past month I bought a 30th anny. 99' Legacy L w/ the 2.2L. Not a bad lil' car. 142hp.. makes it a quick lane over taker on these iced over mountains in Alaska.

It was a lil crappy sounding when I first got it... to tell the truth.. I was wondering WTF I got myself into... She sounded like crap when she was running.. then I learned about "Piston Slap" then kinda settled down about the "valve chatter" like sound which sounds like a Honda with a really bad valve problem. Then she started sputtering.. which I thought was weird becuz it only has 65k on it. It's a rarity to see a HONDA run this way...

BUT then.. I fell in LOVE! WHY? Cuz I solved must of these problems myself & added a lil bit more pep to this thing.

I changed the Spark plugs for some NGK Laser Platinums, Changed the oil out for some AMSOIL Synthetic 5w-30 w/ filter and threw a Bosch Fuel filter in her and the bitch woke up and wanted to play. I can only imagine what happens when I throw a IHE set-up in her.

I've got plans for this thing.. but not really big ones.. Just basic Susp. upgrades, I.H.E. set-up like I said.

I'm AMAZED, so far, with how us DIY'ers can do to this thing to bring it to life!

Hey fellow Greatlander, welcome to the board. Hunt out Torxxx and introduce yourself, and next time you're headed toward Anchortown, give us a heads up and we'll arrange a meet and greet.

No Doubt! I'll definetly WILL have to do that.. Not many car nuts up around these parts in BANKTOWN!

Yeah, you love it now ... just wait 'til the parking lights won't turn off ... then you'll be back here on the board crying H-E-L-P-!

No *BLEEP*.. You'd be AMAZED how many of us actually READ the manual! It was buggin the hell outta me cuz I couldn't figure out what this lil switch was.. and against ever thing I know as a man.. I read the directions! Don't revoke my MAN MEMBERSHIP, fellas!