Ultimate Subaru Message Board

86 Brat

Im soooo happy I finaly found a brat:D

Its a 1986 5spd(im guessing on the "5"spd) and looks in the condition I was looking for.Has dent on drivers side but looks GREAT besids that.I have never had a Brat and was woundering if it will be like my old 85 turbowagon for off roading?Also any other info on it would be very helpful.:brow:

He said it needs carb work and I wounder what a carb is worth any1 know?(Webber?or a Rebult?)

I think the price is worth it(to me anyway since I REALLY want a brat) under 1000$ but what would it be worth to youzzz?Oh ya it has 99,000mil.

Anyway letmeknow

thanx

P.S. I MISS THE SPELL CHECKER:-\

That sounds like a deal man - get it. Any running driving Brat is worth $1000, unless it's about to fall apart from rust. Replace the carb with a weber - or what I plan on doing - SPFI from an EA82. Also - sorry, but unless it's a 2WD, it's not a 5 spd - it's a 4 spd. Either single range, or dual range - to my knowledge, gen 2 Brats never came as 2WD, so it's got to be a 4 spd unless it's an Auto (yuck). And no - it won't be like your 86 turbo wagon for off-roading - it will be MUCH better. More ground clearance, and with a weber - more torque. Less power tho, and driving them on the freeway at 75 is a little scary. Brats especially because the visibility is different in them, and because they have a different cam, the engine has good low-end, but basically no top end at all.

GD