Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Remanufactured CV axle quality?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheBrian

TheBrian

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Buffalo

Posted 04 March 2005 - 12:04 AM

My front right CV axle has been getting noisy (or could it be the wheel bearing?). Most of the drivetrain components have 125k miles on them.
Can anyone comment on the quality of CCT or any other brand of axle? AutoZone will sell me a lifetime supply of CCT's (fits all four sides) for $65.

#2 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 04 March 2005 - 03:38 AM

If they've got a warranty I'd say go for it.

As far as rebuilt axles go, the quality varies. I had a bad experience once when I bought one from NAPA. Seems they forgot to put grease in the outer joint. That cut down the longevity of the axle a wee bit. Then they tried to weasel out of warranteeing it because I had taken the boot off in order to verify that there was no grease in there. Sorry for the rant.

#3 edrach

edrach

Charter member OFRT

• Members
  • 12,324 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 04 March 2005 - 07:48 AM

I'm still partial to www.cvaxles.com (Ocala, FL). $55/axle plus refundable core charge plus shipping. Stay away from ARI.

#4 NV Zeno

NV Zeno

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,031 posts
  • Ponderosa Ranch, Nevada

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:18 AM

Stay away..no, RUN away from ARI axles. Most of the NAPA stores around here sell that brand, pure junk. You'll recognize them by the bluish-green label on the box.

I agree with Ed (above), the CVO axles have been great:) .

#5 gbianchi

gbianchi

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Cda,Id.

Posted 06 March 2005 - 05:59 PM

[quote name='NV Zeno']Stay away..no, RUN away from ARI axles. Most of the NAPA stores around here sell that brand, pure junk. You'll recognize them by the bluish-green label on the box.

and the noise they make after you install them.............sheeesh what were they thinking???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users