Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Defunct Dome light

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kingbobdole

kingbobdole

Mr. XT-6

• Members
  • 1,653 posts
  • Longmont

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:03 AM

Hey,
looking for a common solution. 87 gl wagon, dome light gets no power... Looking to see if this is common, and if so, whats the fix. I checked fuse 3 as the owners manual says... its good.. the grounds good... powers a no show... wires are plugged into the socket on the back(pulled it off the roof) any ideas, I dont want to rip up my headliner
Thanks

#2 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:16 AM

run a new power wire. use a quick splice connector and hook it to the radio power wire or something else thats on the fuse box. pull off the plastic trim on the A pillar on the drivers side.

Now you are going to need to get a piece of seisemic wire (its stuff like bailing wire, but its a lil thicker. They use it to hang the guides for tile ceilings. Run that from hole in the head liner for the light, over towards the A pillar on the drivers side. This may take a lil time and patience to get the seisemic wire to the right spot to where it will stick out at the end of the headliner, but its worth it and will save you the hassle of wrecking or folding the headliner.

Once its to the A pillar, tape the wire to the seisemic wire. now pull the wire through.

#3 kingbobdole

kingbobdole

Mr. XT-6

• Members
  • 1,653 posts
  • Longmont

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:46 AM

Thats a good idea... thanks.... Maybe I can just run it to the pillar and chek the wire from there to the light.... and reuse. Is the ground for the light just the roof under it(above)? I really didnt look...
Thanks

#4 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,342 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:53 AM

I have heard of wire problems with screws and such at areas above the drivers and passengers head, also the map light area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users