Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Door Ajar Indicator Light 85 GL Wagon

OK, lets start with the passenger front. Open the door and look in the lower rear corner of the body. There should be a plunger style switch that activates the interior lights and the door ajar sensor. It should have a rubber cover over it. These covers break and come off over time. Check for the presence of the switch and whether or not the cover is there as well. The switch pops into place but has keepers that have to be accessed from the interior side. You have to remove the B-pillar interior trim to get to it.

Let us know what you find.

OK, lets start with the passenger front. Open the door and look in the lower rear corner of the body. There should be a plunger style switch that activates the interior lights and the door ajar sensor. It should have a rubber cover over it. These covers break and come off over time. Check for the presence of the switch and whether or not the cover is there as well. The switch pops into place but has keepers that have to be accessed from the interior side. You have to remove the B-pillar interior trim to get to it.

Let us know what you find.

Okay I found the switch, I was looking in the front, so thanks for your details. The switch on this one was held in place by a Philips head screw. No keepers on the Inside, thankfully. Anywaus the reason it was not engaging is becasue the portion of the door meant to depress it is rusted out. I threw a bracket over it for now, later I will patch the door. Thanks alot to all who helped. Gabe