Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just a word on treadlife warranties: My current set is an Yokohama Avid Touring model. Came with "80,000 mile warranty". Bought from discounttiredirect.com. Had 'em mounted locally by a non-Yoko muffler/tire shop. Failed to obtain documentation of vehicle milage at time of mounting. Tires have been fine for about 45,000 miles. Now down to wear bars. Need replacement. Pro-rated warranty coverage? No. Can't prove milage on vehicle at time of mounting. Recommendation: Avid H4S has, I think, a 60K mile treadlife warranty. If you buy from Tirerack, have 'em mounted at a Yoko tire dealer in your area (Yokohama website has dealer locator). Make sure dealer/tire mounter records vehicle milage at time of mounting on your receipt. Have tires rotated on schedule, and maintain records of rotations. Keep an eye on "uneven wear" during life of tire. So far as I know, if your 60K H4S's last for less than 60, you can collect a prorated discount on a new set. My conclusion: Yoko makes a fine tire. Just be skeptical about treadlife and try to hold them to their promises. Good luck.

My wife's Legacy is at 33.5k and I noticed her factory Bridgestones are on the thin side. Would love to hear back how you like the Avids because $61 is one heck of a deal for a H rated tire, post back your impressions after a week or two. For warrenties it seems that they always wanted to prorate at some ridicules factory retail price that was double what the tire cost, so I consider them useless. Cooper has came out with a new silicone compound W rated tire that I have been considering but at a hair over $90 apiece I don't know. Anybody on this board use Coopers H, V or W tires?

what size you planning on getting,had 215/50/17s on my avenger.on dry pavement they were excellant as far as grip.wet handling was good.now as far as snow:lol: ...... it could of also been the fact that they were becoming slicks,they were worn down to the wear indicators.:eek:

Well i got them on today, $346 in the end. I havnt driven much on them yet but i can say theres a huge improvment in cornering and ride. The thing that surprised me the most was how QUIET they are, i have a little wind noise around the drivers side window but no more tire noise to speak of. Ok now for the really, REALLY big news, i have no more torque bind! this car has had mismatched tires on it for probably 50k miles or more and now that there all the same its smooooooth as butter!!!!!!!:banana: