Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Vacumn Hose diagram for Subaru 1985 GL Wagon

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check out all my hoses to make sure they are going to the right places. Have one hose that is really long and also some that have screws in them so a diagram would help me....

thanks

:grin:

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check out all my hoses to make sure they are going to the right places. Have one hose that is really long and also some that have screws in them so a diagram would help me....

thanks

:grin:

My car has the diagram on the inside of the hood on the passenger side.... have you checked there?

I have a 1985 EA82 Turbo MPFI with all the manuals. If this is what you have I would be glad to send you a copy.

Subpilot

sorry should of said no turbo just carb.....I do not know if there is a difference...1.8

distributor is located on the drivers side behind the motor......

what is strange is the vacumn hose that goes to the distributor has about 10" of slack in it....

thanks for the help.

My car has the diagram on the inside of the hood on the passenger side.... have you checked there?

Now I would like to have a car like that....:))) that is the way it should be - no I do not have that diagram...... :banghead:

Now I would like to have a car like that....:))) that is the way it should be - no I do not have that diagram...... :banghead:

I wish they all had that but most don't :(

Got a junkyard you could go in and look at one?

Solicite those on here with FSMs :)

Also a local dealership will have FSMs on hand and if you ask nice usually they will let you come look at them and even photocopy pages. Not all dealerships will have all the manuals either. Call around as some throw them away, some keep them, all depends by dealership.

Good luck!

If it comes to it, I could take a picture of mine - although I am not confident that it will come out clear enough to be a huge help.

From My '85 FSM, 49-state and Canada Carb emiisions diagram. Not exactly a vacuum diagram, but better than nothing.

*edit Delete -I have a larger version if you need it. Just don't know how to put it up on the board. (Photo gallery, I guess??) PM me with an email address and I will email it to you. (Dialup is marginal for this large of a file.) - end Delete end edit *

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5234&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

If it comes to it, I could take a picture of mine - although I am not confident that it will come out clear enough to be a huge help.

You are very kind. NorthWet has a diagram printed it out and will check it out..... Now if I do get lost....loll..... I will definitely get back to you....:grin:

Thanks

Bryan 0:)

From My '85 FSM, 49-state and Canada Carb emiisions diagram. Not exactly a vacuum diagram, but better than nothing.

*edit Delete -I have a larger version if you need it. Just don't know how to put it up on the board. (Photo gallery, I guess??) PM me with an email address and I will email it to you. (Dialup is marginal for this large of a file.) - end Delete end edit *

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5234&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Thanks....we give me the general area.....I would imagine the hose with the strongest vacumn is probably it???

Will see... :)

since its a carb, unplug all the vacumn lines except for the one that goes to the firewall, brake booster, secondary barrel on the carb and the choke vacumn line. ALL THE REST, CAP OFF

You dont need any of this stuff. Its all junk. The car will run better with out all the I/M crap.

Then again, if you have to pass emissions, dont do this

since its a carb, unplug all the vacumn lines except for the one that goes to the firewall, brake booster, secondary barrel on the carb and the choke vacumn line. ALL THE REST, CAP OFF

You dont need any of this stuff. Its all junk. The car will run better with out all the I/M crap.

Then again, if you have to pass emissions, dont do this

In BC we are pulled over at times and at the side of the road the complete vehicle is checked....if there is a leak...no matter what it has to be fixed....certain leaks we get fined for.....lol....I could just imagine what would happen if I plugged up all my pollution control....up here in Canada....lol...

f47fdc0c.jpg

Here is one. It similar to the one above but with less information. It might make it easier if that is what you need...

I have a larger one i can email you if its what you want. Just send me your address.

Thanks for the emailed version Ron -very helpful...problem solved.

• 5 years later...

I am new and am putting together a 85' GL Wagon 4x4 carbed EA82. Long Story is I broke the crankshaft pulley bolt off in my old engine and pulled an engine from a junk yard. Needless to say that I have forgotten where all the vacuum lines go. Is there any pictures besides the one on the hood that anyone could share. As I am not to good with reading that vacuum hose diagram that is on the hood. Does not seem to match the engine that I pulled nor the one that i put in.