Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Airflow sensor

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 loyalwithcheese

loyalwithcheese

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • COLO

Posted 15 September 2003 - 06:12 PM

I have a 93' Loyale and it is bucking horribly. I had a tech run the codes and he said that I need a new airflow sensor to the tune of $700. I found an airflow meter, which I think is the same thing for $250 online. How hard are they to put in?:headbang:

#2 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 15 September 2003 - 06:16 PM

SUPER easy and I can get you one for WAY less then $250 :D

Email me if you want. MorganM@mnchopshop.org

Thanks!

BTW I love that name! Funny stuff :)

#3 ByTheSea

ByTheSea

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,362 posts
  • Mass, USA

Posted 15 September 2003 - 06:22 PM

As far as installing the MAF itself your'e looking at about a 7 minute job allowing 1 minute to open and close the hood and 2 minutes to admire your handiwork. I can't say for certain on the price. I would think theres backward compatibility at least to late 1989 and probably with all the ea-82 Non Turbo cars (DL,GL) till 87. If thats the case you should be able to get one through this board much cheaper. We often buy whole cars for $250 but the prices you'll see from a wrecking yard can be awfully high.

#4 incognito

incognito

Banned

• Banned
  • 441 posts
  • Eagle River

Posted 15 September 2003 - 06:32 PM

'93 Loyale eh... AA100 MAF

you will need to look @ the electronic part hooked up to the MAF. There are some numbers and letters, the top right set is what your looking for.

The unit comes out (running on SPFI knowledge here) with 1 phillips screw that attaches the ari inlet hose to the MAF, and (4) four 12mm? or 14mm? bolts that attach the MAF to the Airbox.

Very simple.

The stock MAF for my '90 Loyale (SPFI) was AA100 . DO NOT let a Junkyard give you a XT6 MAF. My car accepted it, then ran a higher idle afterwards of 1100 RPMS or so...I didnt like it at first so I tried to swap back with the correct (AA100) and my car wouldnt accept it. The car would die INSTANTLY anytime I tried anything other than running without MAF or the XT6 i got from the junkyard. I know for a fact it wasnt the MAF's problem, because I even went as far as 600$ to buy a new one. The car still refused it, but the whole time I could run with/without a MAF, or run the XT6 MAF.

So now im stuck with an 1100 RPM idle (which ive grown to love) and an XT6 MAF.... a bit of a HP gain was noticed too.

Sorry to get off track, but I had to share a weird MAF story. I still havent figured out why my Loyale wont accept the stock MAF anymore :cornfuzz:

#5 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 15 September 2003 - 07:03 PM

Battle_wagon: Have you tried completly reseting the ECU, pluging in the AA100 and then starting her? Just a thought

#6 incognito

incognito

Banned

• Banned
  • 441 posts
  • Eagle River

Posted 16 September 2003 - 02:03 PM

yep, refuses it still.

#7 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 16 September 2003 - 03:39 PM

dont pay more than 50 bucks for one. junkyard ones work just fine.:banana:

#8 86subaru

86subaru

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,094 posts
  • ohio

Posted 16 September 2003 - 06:19 PM

i will sell you my spare 1 for 250 bucks , in fact i will pay shipping :banana:

#9 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 16 September 2003 - 06:53 PM

86subaru: WOW what a deal! Such a nice guy throwing in shipping like that! :rolleyes:

haha

#10 incognito

incognito

Banned

• Banned
  • 441 posts
  • Eagle River

Posted 17 September 2003 - 03:47 PM

LMFAO @ $250 !! unless its BRAND new.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users