Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can someone help me????

Guest Vickaroo

Guest Vickaroo

Ok I went to mow the yard, the ridding lawnmower had 2 low back tires.... so I got out Tims air tank fig that thing out.... YEAH ME!!! I got the two tires aired up. Went to start the mower and it would crank and crank and crank to no avail... So I ran the batt. down... :o Then I thought see if it had gas well no it didnt so I found the gas can after 30 min... it was empty so I ran to the connor store got 5.00 worth of gas... my prob is I ran the batt down I found the batt charger and I have been trying to charge this thing since 11 am this morning its now 2:20 I need to know if I have it hooked up right???I know I did it wrong the first time but what about now... I put the + on the + and the - on the - I got that right off... I have them on the batt bumps.. is that right or dose it go on the little screws???? Thanks for the help... Oh how long should I let it charge???? Vicky

Guest Vickaroo

Ok I just went to check that volt and amp thing it was on 12 volt and 2 amp so I changed it to 12 volt 6 amp when I did that the needle shot all the way to the top is that ok... and do I have the things placed right??? Vicky

Well, you've got a good connection, obviously. The battery is just really undercharged and is pulling some amperage from the charger. Give it a few minutes and try to crank it with the charger attached. You won't hurt the charger, they all have overload protection and will turn themselves off if they are asked too much. You should see the needle move back toward the lower end of the scale in a few minutes.

DONT pull the clamps off the battery with the charger still plugged in. You don't need any sparks around a charging battery.

All sounds right Vickie. It will take a little while to recharge the battery. Especially at 2 amps. 6 amps should give you enough juice to start in 30+ minutes. If it has a choke lever or button, make sure you pull, push or whatever it takes to activate it. Once it starts slowly reduce the choke so it runs but the idle stays higher for the first couple of minutes.

BTW, you go girl!

Guest Vickaroo

Really good to know about the charger... I always unplug it before I pull off the clamps.... I cant start it with the charger hooked up cause the batt is under the seat and it has a button you have to sit on the seat to start it... Thanks Ken I will make sure the choke is on.... Ill try it here in a few min and post if I get this critter started... Thanks Guys sorry to be a pest but I dont know much about this stuff but Im trying... Vicky

I think it's good to tell (before it's to late) how dangerous it is to connect or disconnect clamps on a battery. I always blow over the top of a battery befor i connect the clamps/cables because it's always possible there are gases and they are unvisible..

No need for press air, simply by mouth.

Urban.

Guest Vickaroo

Way cool advice from all of you... I hate doing anything under any kind of a hood... Iv seen too many oggie things in my days to people... My older brother had a radatior cap blow in his face, made his face look like hambuger meat for a long time it was gross... To this very day when Tim takes off the cap on one of ours I always step way way back... Also there was a guy here just 2 years ago was working on his car and he had long hair but alway wore it in a ponytail when he worked on his car but it still got caught in the fan belt and ripped his scalp... that was gross had to call the fire dept to get him free to go to the hospital.. Now the bad news...... That ***# mower would not start.... Tim called told me to use the push mower... WE HAVE A HUGE YARD!!!! I told him he could use it when he got home... but I did mow the front and back yard and in the morning Ill mow the rest.... Its a killer to do it by push mower... I dont have to go to the gym tonight? Right? I did my work out on that yard:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Again guys thanks for all your help.... Vicky

Before my wife and I got married, her Subaru needed a water pump.

We both went to a shop where I was helping weld a rollcage into an IT Mazda.

She said to explain to her what needed to be done to change the pump out and she would do it. I explained everything as far as taking it off, getting the mating surfaces clean, cleaning the bolts, and the order for reinstallation.

I went to the back of the garage and promptly forgot she was in the doorway attempting the pump swap, as I was thoroughly wrapped up in getting the Mazda ready for the weekend.

About an hour and a half later, I remembered she was there and I thought I would go over and find her stuck on reassembly or just flummoxed by something.

When I walked up to her, grease on her face and sealant on her fingers, the only thing she said was could I check to make sure the belt was on tight enough.

If we already wouldn't of had a date set for the wedding, I would have ask her to marry me all over again.

I reinterate what Ken said, YOU GO GIRL!

Self sufficient women kick rump roast and are sexier than any model I have ever seen.

Regards and respect,

Jay

RUSSELL you better not let Ahna see that or we are both going to get it :-P

As for the battery thing, make sure that lawnmower battery is a 12 volt battery, some lawnmowers use 6 volt batteries. AS for it not starting, make sure there isn't a kill switch somewhere that is on, and there also might be a fuel shut-off switch, our lawnmower has one, it's down next to the carburetor, has a little picture of a gas pump next to it.

If you can't get it started, just let it grow, and Tim will have to mow it when he gets back, his punishment for not showing you how to work the mower :-P

My g/f was putting the finishing touches on a head swap on her VW cabriolet and I had the uncontrollable urge to molest her while she was still under the car. Hottie blonde all greasy? (Insert H Simpson doughnut sound effects here)

Yeah, make Tim finish the grass.

Guest Vickaroo

Back home I had 6 pygmie goats... They are cute but they leave the ground nothing but dirt... and little round poo everywhere... I also had a donkey named Eore... He didnt like me he would bite me.... he also had fat knees... LOL To get Eore to mind me Id have to give him pepperment candy then he would follow me anywhere.... He got out a lot (smart rump roast) LOL Id have to chase him for miles... but once he saw I had his candy hed follow me home... In Oklahoma I lived in the country on 2 1/2 acres.. My ex kept that mowed... Vicky