Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1986 Turbo XT, Mint, one-owner, how much ??

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 venms96

venms96

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Central Pennsylvania

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:18 PM

First time here. Glad I found this site. I found a one-owner, garage-kept, lady driven 1986 Turbo XT for sale. I have no idea what the reality of the market place is for this car. I know what Blue Book says, but I don't go by that with every car. Could the experts here give me some idea what the car should sell for ? Just a rough idea ?? Car is totally stock, 73,000 miles. Automatic, AC blows cold, timing belt fresh, Cruise, Moonroof, everything works. I drove it today, it ran great.

Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

Venms96

#2 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:52 PM

Just an off the cuff guess, I would say 1500 tops.. But I'm a cheapskate and would be hard pressed to pay more than 1500 for anything from the 80s:-p

#3 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:55 PM

i`m with calebz on this one fifteen hundred or less

#4 venms96

venms96

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Central Pennsylvania

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for the replys. I know it's a beat thread that most people don't want to answer to. I never owned one, but always heard the great things about the Roos. It's just unreal to see an 86 in this condition. No rips or tears inside, a few rocks chips in the front, that's it. 60 yr old woman owned it since new. It's never been near 100mph.
I didn't know much about the car or the value. Didn't know if these cars are problematic or not. All I know is this one is a true creampuff. Trying to learn a lot in a short amount of time.
Any info is appreciated about the Turbo XT, not just price $$.
Thanks again.

Venms96

#5 DerFahrer

DerFahrer

Formerly subyluvr2212

• Members
  • 2,417 posts
  • Orlando, FL

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:35 AM

Is it FWD or 4WD?

#6 kingbobdole

kingbobdole

Mr. XT-6

• Members
  • 1,653 posts
  • Longmont

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:44 AM

Check the frame rails for rust...... hell check the car for rust. they are not really problem matic... but they are tempermental..... I always tell myself that I will never pay more then 1k for an xt of any kind in any condition.... Roni just got a xt-t... awsome shape, a real cherry... $1k.

#7 venms96

venms96

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Central Pennsylvania

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:37 PM

It's not 4WD.

Thanks for the replys. Appreciate the help.

Venms96

#8 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:48 PM

You'll have no fun with 2WD and an Automatic. If you want to get into sube's, find a 5spd Dual Range 4WD :)

I'd say $1500-$2000 as well.

-Brian

#9 venms96

venms96

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Central Pennsylvania

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:38 PM

I just bought the car for my sister, today. How many times are you going to see a one-owner, mint, garage-kept Turbo XT with window sticker and all records. By the way, the previous owner is 80 yrs old !! Now, that was cool !! I know it's not the most popular Sube, but it sure is a nice car for my Sis.

Thanks to those who gave me some input. I appreciate the help. This is a great forum you have here.

Regards,
Venms96

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users