Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear sway bar pic compair 16mm to 20mm

When I got it from the junk yard it didn't look that much bigger.

smaller one is 16mm (sedan RX) larger one is 20mm (4wd XT).

Definatly makes the car more tail happy at high speed can't really tell if it changed anything at low speed.

306IMG_6679-thumb.JPG

Has anyone messed with xt6 front bars on a wagon? I think I might have to much stiffness in the rear now.

I have 20s front and rear.... between that and my springs, the car gets a little tailhappy occasionally, but its easy to control.

I am a little more carefull in the rain, but then again, everyone else should be too;)

Caleb's been in at least one situation where adding a 20mm to the rear makes the assend a little happy. As in good and sideways at about 60 mph in the imp. I caught it, but there was some pucker factor involved. I'm way more used to it after a couple of years behind the wheel.

Caleb's been in at least one situation where adding a 20mm to the rear makes the assend a little happy. As in good and sideways at about 60 mph in the imp. I caught it, but there was some pucker factor involved. I'm way more used to it after a couple of years behind the wheel.

I remember that.. That was a lot of fun! Yeah.. there was a bit of pucker factor involved, but it was worth it..lol

I've been tempted to swap the rear out with a 19mm, and then put the 20mm back in and swap the front wiht a 19mm and see what makes a diff. in handling. I know a stiffer sway bar on one end will make it oversteer more, where a stiffer bar on the other end makes it understeer more but I can't remember which.. Gotta dig out my Wyotech suspension lecture :D

Btw, the turbowagon Russ mentioned is mine :D and I think part of the reason it seems like it handles on rails is that now I have 20mm bars front and rear, where before it only had the stock 16mm or 18mm (What did GL turbo wagons come with??) in the front, and NO bar in the rear...