Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Another tire question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 justified

justified

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • central illinois

Posted 11 November 2005 - 04:07 PM

I have an 87 hatch with the BYB 3/4 lift. Its going to need some new tires in the near future. I currently have 15" Pug ovals with 195/75/15 tires on it. I dont remember the brand (BF Goodridge?) but I know they aren't made anymore. Any suggestions on what I should get? It'll see some mud, and some occasional road trips to get to the mud. Basically, it'll see everything but rock crawling. It already has some trimming done on the fenders, but more trimming is not a problem. Also what size tire should I run. This is my first off-road vehicle and I'm kinda new to the tire sizing.
Please forgive the newbie question...
Any Info/opinion will help greatly. Thanks

#2 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,991 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 11 November 2005 - 04:13 PM

if you're spending any extended period of time on-road, I'd recommend all-terrains, or all-seasons. I run all-seasons, and they tend to cake up in mude easier than I'd like them to, but it hasn't been a problem, yet.

liberator all terrains from wal mart are very popular because they're quite good for the price.

I run 215-75-15's on my 4" lifted EA82 with just a little bashing, no trimming, I'm sure you could fit these under a 4/3 EA81 with some trimming

#3 soobme

soobme

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,871 posts
  • Medford OR

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:23 PM

It's been my exp. that M/T tires wear just as well as A/T's so long as U keep them rotated, and they will give U 2X the traction off-road. I would go with a 215-75LT15 M/T of some sort my self. The BFG's are nice, but a little spendy IMO, Iv'e had good luck with Marshal Powerguards and Remington Mud Brutes.

#4 Island Roo

Island Roo

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Quadra Island

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:07 PM

i vote Hankook RT01's they are M/T but had them on my YJ and had good on and off road manners 215-75r15s should do it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users