Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

new member and new subaru owner

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 offroadbryan

offroadbryan

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • olympia

Posted 14 November 2005 - 02:00 AM

hey everyone, I am the new owner of an 83 wagon. I have had it 2 weeks and the head gaskets blew. Just my luck. I am having an engine from an 87 installed this weekend.

I was hoping someone might know where i can get a front bumper that is a brush guard.

also im looking to go out on a 4X4 trip? are there any events going on?

#2 MoscowSubaruDude

MoscowSubaruDude

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Spokanistan, WA

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:49 AM

Welcome aboard. Pisser about the motor, did that to an 83 I own recently. As far as front bumpers... check around, do a forum search... I don't want to leave anyone out, but there's a guy who does one-off fabs (forget the URL), AA does em, a guy by the the SN of mudrat does em, he's close to you, think PDX.

As far as 4x4, try the offroad forum. There's a Hatch Patrol christmas tree dealie comin up here soon, and there's always people going out on the spur of the moment. If you lived closer to Idaho, say, Spokane/Moses Lake, I'd go with ya. But you're on other side of the state. Good trails over there, I hear.

Anyway, welcome aboard, good luck on the engine, the bumpers, and finding an outing.

Chris

#3 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,991 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:38 AM

yep, www.alliedarmament.com (AA)
TWB fabrications (search for board member soobme)
Mudrat79

#4 spanky_pete

spanky_pete

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:31 PM

yep, www.alliedarmament.com (AA)
TWB fabrications (search for board member soobme)
Mudrat79

Yup, what he said. There were also some factory guards, but they are hard to come by anymore.

I'm just south of you a little ways, there's plenty of trails in and around my area to go out and try. I'm just waiting for my latest project to be complete before I head out again.

#5 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,114 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:48 PM

I was hoping someone might know where i can get a front bumper that is a brush guard.

also im looking to go out on a 4X4 trip? are there any events going on?

Try the marketplace

As mentioned. . . http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=46301

#6 offroadbryan

offroadbryan

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • olympia

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:05 PM

thanks all for the ideas and leads, i think i might buy one but would love to weld my own, well have my friends who know how to weld make me one :P

i look forward to the hatch patrol xmas tree ride

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users