Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I really want an SUS (my dream car) and I found a good deal on one, but I've never seen one lifted. Is it the same the same-generation Outback? Anyone have pictures of theirs?

SUS's are lifted. that's the point. if it doesn't have outback suspension, a hood scoop, big fog lights, a 2.5, and duotone paint, it's not an SUS

SUS's are lifted. that's the point. if it doesn't have outback suspension, a hood scoop, big fog lights, a 2.5, and duotone paint, it's not an SUS

Dude, come on. I flipping know what an SUS is. What I was trying to ask (sorry for the confusion) was whether or not an Outback lift would work on an SUS. It would, right?

If anyone knows of any for sale in the Spokane area or even Seattle or Idaho or Oregon, let me know, too. (It seems hard to find them with low miles.)

IIRC, people just don't lift sedans, the regular OBW yes, the SUS no. Sure every once in a while a lifted sedan pops up, but then there mostly old gen, and the new gen are even more rare.

Don't really know what you're asking, yes they are the same as the same year OBW, the lift for the OBW will probably fit, I don't think anyone on the board has lifted a SUS specifically.

There are lift springs from "king springs" there based in AU but i think that they have a US distributor. As far as liftkits, you'll have to look farther than tacoma/Seattle/olympia, its a great big world out there.

What I was trying to ask (sorry for the confusion) was whether or not an Outback lift would work on an SUS. It would, right?

If anyone knows of any for sale in the Spokane area or even Seattle or Idaho or Oregon, let me know, too. (It seems hard to find them with low miles.)

The SUS IS the legacy outback, prior to becoming the outback. I have a 99.

I don't know. Wha's it worth? How many miles? Pics?

Pics In many threads, 114K Mi, Replaced Timing, Crankpulley, Hood, Alternator, Plugs, Plug Wires, Fuel Filter, Front and Rear Diff. Service, Tranny Filter and fluid, Coolant Flush + Subaru Conditioner, Brand new (less than 500 miles) KYB GR-2 Struts, New (>1000 Miles) Kumho 795 A/S Tires, Tinted, Limited package. ALL maintenance records since I've owned it (Thick Pile), All oil changes done with Mobil 1 Semi.

Well, what do you want for it?

Would it be worth my super-long drive?

I honestly hadn't considered selling it in the past, but if you're serious about it, it is in great shape mechanically. The interior is about as good as one can expect from a 7 year old vehicle. Wear on the driver's side seat is the only prob I can think of. Even then, it's not that bad.

Exterior has a few rock chips here and there from typical CO roads. The passengers' side has a scrape along the rear fender well (been there since I've owned it) and the grill is cracked.

The only two issues with the mechanics of the vehicle are that in cold weather, you need to come to a complete stop for a few seconds in order for the Idle to drop to normal (which I HOPE I have solved tonight) and the other would be that there is a minute leak at the rear of the oil pan. I suppose I could get under there with a torque wrench and see if that's all it is, but worse case scenario, you would be looking at maybe $30 for a new gasket and a couple hours of labor, or maybe $180 in a shop. Either way, the latter is not a pressing issue. Rather, more of an annoyance. It doesn't leak enough to cause problems, or even leave a drop on the garage floor, it simply causes a minute smell of oil when stopped and running the heater without recirc. on.

Bottom line... I love this car and I can't see parting with it for less than $9k. I've put too much $$$, time, and care into it to justify selling it for less. If this is too far out of your ballpark, I'm sorry, I don't wish to barter. But, if you are serious about it, I will take some more photos of interior, exterior, undercarriage, and engine comp. However, I don't want to eat up the USMB's space to talk to you about this. If you would like to further discuss it, please PM me, or send me an Email. OR if you prefer, you can call me. (303) 917-3587. My name is Matt.