Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Saw an RX on the road! Rare round these parts.

Yep actually saw one on the highway on my home comute. First time ever! White RX in respectable order. Rust wasnt bad for a MN car. Funny thing was an older woman was driving it. Must have liked the 'full time fourwheel drive" and stylish good looks! :)

Speaking of rare... we've got one of the super-rare 1989 black RX's running around Morgantown. I thought it was an RS at first due to it's lack of ground effects, but on closer look it says "FULL TIME 4WD TURBO RX" on the door.

Sometime I need to pester the owner to sell it to me...

"Hope it hits the junkyard soon?"

I am sorry I just can't let that slide--that is nasty. Why would you ever want a Subaru in the junkyard that was seen going down the highway reliably.

An RX is rare and special and I hope it stays on the road as long as it can.....you can get parts off a wrecked one.

This is funny...only because I just recently saved an RX from the junkyard, before it hit the rows...It was sitting behind the main office at PickNPull, and I had the guy run the tagsd, and when it came up clean, I bought the sucker right there for $500, then the engine on my wagon blew a headgasket, and me being a broke joke, had to trade the RX for an overhaul of the heads and $200..

oh well..but the moral of the story, is that RallyRuss now has it andd is beating it up at rally cross', so that gives me great subie karma, saving an RX from the junkyard

there's a mint silver rx that I've seen around, with 13" alloys, the ground effects, and a non-stock sounding exhaust. On the side it it says "RX -The New Generation Sports Car", in dark grey and grey-blue, continuing in pinstripes to the front fender. Then below is the "full-time 4wd turbo". Very nice looking.