Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Its finally finished, and it looks SWEEEEEEET!

...That you consider a rear route for wiring it up.

Seeing as how I use the trysty ole CB antenna cable out the rear tailgate and thats just it....

the cable dips between the top of the gate and the roof near the hinge. then it runs down along the outside of the seal and at the bump above the tail light section it crosses over the rubber seal "trim" and ducks under the plastic body molding and then it runs out below the plastic trim under the carpeting all the way to the fromt dash.

By way of the passenger side seat lower hinge point and then under the seat and then you could run it along the door rail right at the edge of the carpeting and not have to remove the seats just that plastic door fasing plate(those plastic screws that hold it down).

too much effort for runing a main high gauge single wire to the rear tail light area and then a couple relays from there to the lights up on top?

too much wiring?

That way its clean and outta site though.

"clean" ment nothing that could be "accidentally" pulled out by a hand hunting for a "jesus-grip". given the mud slingin' its done that concept of "Clean" wasn't a consideration. (shrug)

but anywho.... it's just an idea.

All else , you could do the "cop car stunt" drill a hole in the roof centermast, clean it our (deburr it) sealant the surface, stick a grommet over the sealant, and then run the wire thru the grommet and then coat the wires in sealant just before your "set" and flush" then pull them in and its plugged up.

Then all you have to do is run a few switches at the rearview mirror and then a couple hot wires up the front window frame rail and your in business! (piggy back the maplight wires. ya know?)

No map lights on a EA81. Naw, i will run a single hot wire to a post strip that will support all my accessories. The light wiring (only 3 wires) will run in from the rear drivers side window, and be tucked into the b-pillar. Then I will run the cable to the switches between the seats. K.I.S.S. No need to drill holes, or run 30' of cable. Besides, ANYBODY who sticks their hand outside of the car to grab ahold of something will be banned from going off-road in my car again. The last thing i need to do is drive someone to the hospital cause their hand was cut off when my car rolled ontop of it. Plus, there are plenty of "MY GOD BRIAN! WATCH OUT!" handles all over the inside of my car.

-Brian

Brian,

You need one of those bumper/dashboard stickers that says;

"Warning, this vehicle not recommended for small children, heart patients or pregnent women." :slobber:

You gave them fair warning.........:dead:

Glenn,

82 Hatch, will have sticker......handles and wires inside the tube frame:temper:

01 Forester, won't have sticker.:burnout: