Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SVX to EA82 5 lug conversion?

I found a SVX thats in running condition, but it needs a raidator and has a decent oil leak. Its also smashed in the rear quarter panel, the windshield has a bunch of cracks in it.

So I got to thinking. Will the SVX knuckles, axles and what not work on a EA82 wagon? its got 16 inch rims on it, so they'd look pretty sweet on my ride.

I was also thinkin the brakes would work good with the ej22t whenever I get it put it.

Let me know what you guys think.

Tycho if you read this, we need to get together and talk about the engines and the headlight conversion you did.

I suppose it's possible with the front, I'm not sure, but the rear is a whole different animal. the entire rear suspension was changed with the EJ cars. Take 'er apart and have a look, but I think you'll find that some extreme modification will be in order to make them work right.

well I could use outback rear struts. That should fit the SVX hub. The only problem is gonna be the control arm. They use that weird system on the newer cars. Looks more prone to bending.. but the way the hub bolts up, I could make longer control arms and get my tires back to where they were before the lift.

I'm thinking about it because the cost of fixing the SVX. Right away I'd have to replace the brakes on it, since that seeme to be the weak point on the svx. too much weight and power for legacy sized brakes

WRX Sti didnt use the 4x140 mm rims that they were talking about?

the only reason to do this is if you want to use 06+ wheels. unless im mistaken all subys post 06 are 114x5..... anyway sounds like a bunch of work for nothing. remeber alot of svx stuff is unique and expensive(i own one)

as for the car why not just drive it...... if the trany is good i might want... i would pay decent for it so let me know...oh never mind your in ak...........

yeah its starting to sound like driving it is gonna be whats gonna have to happen. oh well, guess it means I got a fast car to drive to WCSS8.

Whats the replacement cost of a windshield? I've heard up to a grand for the window.

The tranny is good. it was shipped to a tranny shop in Seattle and was recently rebuilt.