Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cut,Chop,Bash?

Uberoo

How much cutting/bashing would I have to do to fit 27X9.5X15 on 15X7 chevy wheels with 4 3/4" backspacing on a stock 84 brat?The rear shouldnt be alot but the front is different-it has the fenderwell.

I cant imagine it needing much at all. although a small lift might be a good idea, 2" would be accomplished pretty darn easy without needing a whole bunch.

probably will have to do some bashing of the fender wells. have at it with a 5lb sledge. might need a little trimming of the fender but I dont think that will be a huge issue.

really the best way is to take a measuring tape and try to guess. if you take it off the road you will probably need to do a significant amount, a small lift would probably be easier.

up front your going to have issues with your turning radius and those chevy offset wheels, the firewall is easy enough to bash in, but the frame rail just in front of the tire will have to get some serious massaging too. it should work, but you might need to go to a nissian offset wheel.