First of all: Thanx for Reading and Reply this... Just few questions, maybe you can help me:
- How do I clean safely and re-use the Weber Carb.´s Air Cleaner Element?
- Or is Better to Buy another Filter? so, if this is the answer... Where -in Internet- is the better choices, and Why?
- What do you think ´bout the use of "Special" Oils on a EA82? I mean the Castrol "High Mileage" Oil... in SAE 25W60 with API "SL"... I am afraid to use it, due to the "Special Added Sealer Aditive" that it claims to have... A friend mechanic and I, think that the aditive can turn too sticky the Hydraulic Lifters and damage the engine as result... What do you Think?
- Here I saw Subaru Loyales that say at its back: 1.3E, 1.6DL, and 1.8GL ... I asked a friend that works at the Dealer since early 80´s... he says that the first Loyale came here in december 1984, as 1985 model, it came with twin squared beamlights, and the EA81 Engine... then it came with the EA82, Also he says that the 1.3 liter engine got the "E" due to it is an Economic Version, with just four speed... Is that True?
- Did you know about Subaru Recalls?
My 1985 EA82 did came with a problem in the Air Conditioneer Wiring, that is easy to fix with a pair of united cables / plugs that the Dealer sells. It makes the A/C Fan start at the same time with the compressor... first loyales the fan was "Pressure" activated, and it makes the engine to overheat... I fix mine with that that correct connections, it connect between the relays and the original cables. Is Cheap.
Well... those are Enough Questions to Start... If you know the Answers, or the different possibilities, I will be So Grateful ... ...also, if you have some other questions, just ask... maybe I can help you... ...And maybe it is a Good Thread for All your Li´l Questions Too... All are Welcome!