Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Stupid rain and my stupid driver side window.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sayn3ver

sayn3ver

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • South Jersey

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:55 AM

OK, on the way home tonight i went to roll my window up because it started raining and it didnt go all the way up. I have manual windows and i bought the car with manual windows because they arent suppose to break. WTF.:mad:

I had to pull it up like 2 inches to get it to seal when i got home so i wouldnt have a lake in my car by morning. How do i fix this?

#2 JPX

JPX

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • San Jose

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:36 AM

A common problem on the power window cars is that the drive mechanism that bolts to the inner door panel works loose. The nut that holds a stud on the motor assembly to the sheet metal backs off and the entire thing wiggles. Over time, that movement causes the stud to gouge out the hole and you might even lose the nut somewhere in the door panel.

Take the door panel off and make sure the hardware on the sheet metal is tight (10mm I think). You may need to align some stuff if everything is loose.

Also lubricate the gears/cable on the crank and tracks for the window. Any binding there tends to make fasteners want to twist off easier.

#3 Jutboy

Jutboy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:28 AM

I have the same problem on my 95 impreza L. Its easy to take off the side panel if you need help with that. Unfortunately, my window doesn't adjust so I have to put up with the 3mm space which is perfect at making a nice whistling sound.

#4 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,596 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:00 PM

OK, on the way home tonight i went to roll my window up because it started raining and it didnt go all the way up. I have manual windows and i bought the car with manual windows because they arent suppose to break. WTF.:mad:

I had to pull it up like 2 inches to get it to seal when i got home so i wouldnt have a lake in my car by morning. How do i fix this?

see if you had power windows this wouldnt have happened. :banana:

Open up the door, you can see relativly quickly whats wrong.

nipper

#5 a97obw

a97obw

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:25 PM

Now just how would them power windows edumacate that rain?:-\

#6 sayn3ver

sayn3ver

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • South Jersey

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:08 PM

ha.

I'l have to pull it off tomorow. I was just wondering if anyone had a diagram of the window mechanism.

#7 operose

operose

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Potsdam

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:25 PM

passenger side window on my legacy doesn't go all the way up unless the door is open... it hits on the weather stripping... and then leaks when it rains. I need to take off the door panel and adjust it out a bit

#8 Jutboy

Jutboy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:40 PM

You don't need a diagram mate, its super easy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users