Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stupid rain and my stupid driver side window.

OK, on the way home tonight i went to roll my window up because it started raining and it didnt go all the way up. I have manual windows and i bought the car with manual windows because they arent suppose to break. WTF.:mad:

I had to pull it up like 2 inches to get it to seal when i got home so i wouldnt have a lake in my car by morning. How do i fix this?

A common problem on the power window cars is that the drive mechanism that bolts to the inner door panel works loose. The nut that holds a stud on the motor assembly to the sheet metal backs off and the entire thing wiggles. Over time, that movement causes the stud to gouge out the hole and you might even lose the nut somewhere in the door panel.

Take the door panel off and make sure the hardware on the sheet metal is tight (10mm I think). You may need to align some stuff if everything is loose.

Also lubricate the gears/cable on the crank and tracks for the window. Any binding there tends to make fasteners want to twist off easier.

I have the same problem on my 95 impreza L. Its easy to take off the side panel if you need help with that. Unfortunately, my window doesn't adjust so I have to put up with the 3mm space which is perfect at making a nice whistling sound.

OK, on the way home tonight i went to roll my window up because it started raining and it didnt go all the way up. I have manual windows and i bought the car with manual windows because they arent suppose to break. WTF.:mad:

I had to pull it up like 2 inches to get it to seal when i got home so i wouldnt have a lake in my car by morning. How do i fix this?

see if you had power windows this wouldnt have happened. :banana:

Open up the door, you can see relativly quickly whats wrong.

nipper