Ultimate Subaru Message Board

CT Cookout..Who wants one?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meet at 1 PM? It would be nice to have a general idea of time so I know if I need to get up at the a$$ crack of dawn or not.

hey matt, wanna caravan up? i dont know if 2 cars count as a caravan but im sure we can add dave and melis!

they go a different way then we would go especially if they are starting out from scranton. I'll have to get back to you on the caravan...i might have to pick up the baja on the way there b/c it will be in for warranty work that week.

Once we know what time this is getting started that will make hings easier...

Hey guys in PA,I'm getting temp plates for a wagon NW of Scranton in Wyalusing.

If I throw you some money for gas,etc. can someone pick it up and rive it here for me?

It's a white '85 GL Wagon with an SPFI system from an '89.

Matt 1 PM is fine..Sounds good to me. I am going to need a head count for food reasons....money super tight..probably have to postpone the wedding cause we can't afford to do it..so head count is very important ( you know I have to be 100% sure I have enough food.)

Matt 1 PM is fine..Sounds good to me. I am going to need a head count for food reasons....money super tight..probably have to postpone the wedding cause we can't afford to do it..so head count is very important ( you know I have to be 100% sure I have enough food.)

How about have the wedding that weekend?:brow:

Count me in.Let me know what to bring for food,etc.

Jon in PA,thanks,I'll be in touch if needed.For now I'm just seeing who's available.There's still hope of my friend Charlie bringing me to the car then both of us will go to Harrisburg from there.But if that doesn't work I'm going to have to make something happen super fast.I'll have more info by the end of the week.

Connie: it is going to be me and michelle

Paul: maybe Dave/melis could bring it since they are in that area. I don't go that way when i go and especially if i have to go to Reading first.

Jon: You might want to hook up with dave/melis for the trip up since they go up 81 and you are minutes from it...that might be a better deal then running out of your way to come and hook up with me. Just trying to save some gas for ya.

******Connie: You have a PM read it and get back to me ASAP!*****

You know the idea Paul had about the wedding that weekend does sound kinda cool. :headbang:

mapquest is telling me this is going to be a 5 hour trip, and thats not taking traffic into account. that being said, i dont think ill be coming up this time around. dont think id be much fun anyway, 5 hours of sleep makes me pretty crabby. have fun everyone!

mapquest is telling me this is going to be a 5 hour trip, and thats not taking traffic into account. that being said, i dont think ill be coming up this time around. dont think id be much fun anyway, 5 hours of sleep makes me pretty crabby. have fun everyone!

Where in Cumberland County are you??? I grew up around that area and lived right outside of carlisle. I used to make the trip to CT in 3 1/2 hours. But I can fully understand..little sleep and alot of driving. I live on 2-3 hours sleep...diagnosed super insomnic..Hey I am crabby all the time:grin: :brow: .

yeah, newville like matt said. 3.5 compared to the 5 hours mapquest said makes me again question the reliability of mapquest. :rolleyes: ill get satellite navigation one of these days...

My old Partner in crime at work used to live in Newville..I always liked that town. Anyway..we have a spare bedroom with a double bed and a couch if needed..

would i be able to hack it in 3.5 hours without having to attract a lot of unwanted police attention? which route did you go?

I always went 81 to 84 and paid attention to the truckers.. I went 11/15 to 80 once but that was too boring on 80..plus when you drive a Loyale wagon...you are stealth to police :lol: :lol:

plus when you drive a Loyale wagon...you are stealth to police :lol: :lol:

heh, maybe in YOUR wagon.

ok your routing seems much better. stupid mapquest was telling me to drive through NYC (no thanks).

dave and melis, would i be able to meet up with you and follow you if i decide i want to try to hack this trip?

I stopped in Yonieville today to pick up 2 dozen ears of Bread and Butter .... YUMMM

It looks sweet and juicy :slobber::slobber:

The best part is that as I was driving away from the roadside stand, Bucky's twin pulled into the stand :D:D:D

I stopped in Yonieville today to pick up 2 dozen ears of Bread and Butter .... YUMMM

It looks sweet and juicy :slobber::slobber:

The best part is that as I was driving away from the roadside stand, Bucky's twin pulled into the stand :D:D:D

:slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: Bread and Butter Corn :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

You so rock Dave:headbang: :headbang: