Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Went on a little journey. (slight bandwidth alarm)

waimaks

Keltik and I went for a drive in the next valley over in the two brumbys today.

Got a few pictures. It was mostly riverbeds and river crossings. Good fun.

+1 Subaru! Didn't get stucked toooo often either.:)

Hot steamy fun.... Not sure what that look on my face is....Wet disty maybe?

Pic00020.jpg

Wet disty time....Again

Pic00018.jpg

I's stuck..Fugging cold water!:lol:...opps

Pic00032.jpg

Keltik stuck. Those rust holes in the floor sure do fill up with water quick.....

Pic00026.jpg

Anyway. Hope you lot enjoy. There may be some video on the way as I don't reakon the pics quite do justice IMHO

HAHAH THATS AWESOME!! Wet feet suck tho... next time, use alittle momentum.

I sure miss water crossings. Here in california, when summer comes all the water evaporates and leaves nothing but dust and dry dirt.

-Brian

And then the rain comes and everyone's house is covered under a mudd slide.

Yeah, I know of quite a few people that catch trout and other fish in this river and others in the area. I don't really get into that much though. I'm not what time of the year trout fishing 'season' is either. Not right now I think.

next time, use alittle momentum.
Momentum + water = very wet disty (in my case only two cyl'ders working)

I haven't got my ute stuck in water yet, but my bro did... and got it really wet inside :( Took 2 hours of cleaning to cry it up.

Love the little ute Waimaks! I so much want one of those with the quad lights!

Look what I did to it today. I think it looks even better:)

But I am biased.

Wheels.jpg

Edit: I think I learnt a lot on how to cross water yesterday too. As long as I keep the speed down and the splashes below the grill it hauled through all sorts of things. :)

Most of the time when we got stuck it was because we went too quick and got the disty wet :(

Good day anyway.

Yeah, I learnt those leasons too... Water fording is great fun, when you get it right.. I wise it was a bit more wet here.

They just stopped people from driving in the offroad play ground I had only 30mins from my place.. It's a pi*s but I guess it's going to happen. Now I guess I'll just have to go places "illegally" to have fun. Soon I will have to mod my Brumby to be good on the street as I am losing all the good places to offroad! :(

OK The video is here. It was MUCH nicer editing it on my new computer which didnt crash every 40seconds. Had to fill in 10 seconds with pics as i didnt have enough video. I Realise theres no jaw dropping action in this vid but hey, some people just like moving pictures. :grin:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7843488041563492156

Enjoy it and feel free to complain so i can make the next one better!

Heh It didn't have anything when we got it. I reakon this aftermarket tailgate is probably lighter, maybe even more secure than the Subaru kit?:lol:

That was good fun though. I've already got people nearly lining up for the next trip. The guys at work were surprized when I told them where we had been, Supposedly its a track not for the light hearted...Opps.:)

OK The video is here. It was MUCH nicer editing it on my new computer which didnt crash every 40seconds. Had to fill in 10 seconds with pics as i didnt have enough video. I Realise theres no jaw dropping action in this vid but hey, some people just like moving pictures. :grin:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7843488041563492156

Enjoy it and feel free to complain so i can make the next one better!

Looks like a load of fun. The only river we have here that is "a river" and not "a creek" is the murry. But you how that is... it's all dry. Everything thing is so dry.. Umm, well, it just rained, so I guess I should go for a drive to find some mud. :)

Anyway... who was the third person?

*not directed at your video, but just a general option to video making*

With transitions, only use them when the two sence your putting next to each other look some what the same. If they are fairly different just cut straight to it. I find it makes it more professional looking if you do that.

*not directed at your video, but just a general option to video making*

With transitions, only use them when the two sence your putting next to each other look some what the same. If they are fairly different just cut straight to it. I find it makes it more professional looking if you do that.

like you said about the next scene being different..i've done the fade to black type of transitions..