Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Possibly Std. models have black trim?Turn signals

let me know when you are ready to sell. mine are still bent. thanks bt

This is a piece of trim that is easliy fixable unless the metal is actually torn. What I did on a couple sets I have/had is I took a sand bag (one for bodywork) and a body hammer and tapped the dents out so they were smooth. Took a lot of time and paitence BUT after getting them powder coated black, they looked like they came off of the shelf as a NOS part. I also sanded off the DOT numbers on the lenses with some 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper, then with some 800, then took some plastic polishing compound and buffed the crap out of them. They were sooo shiny AND didn't have the DOT numbers to catch dirt and wax either:headbang:

Are you sure those aren't for a replacement from the dealership?

Not sure.Yet.

let me know when you are ready to sell. mine are still bent.

Will do.

[do you have rear interior door handles for a '79?/QUOTE]

Not in this post.:D

Before people start asking,please sit back and be patient.Here's the deal,and yes,I know you all think I'm a snot.....I've stated this several times now,so if you didn't read it before here it is one last time.I'm not the only person involved in this parts acquisition and we all have to wait untill all parts are retrieved and those involved take their shares.If your parts are listed in the "Wish List" thread then you'll be served first,in order of posting...at least from me,that's the way I'm treating it.When the other two guys get their stash they may sell as they want to,but I'm working off the list first.

Then,I'll post what I have for sale.

Thanks for your understanding.;)

MAV,when the time comes let us know if it's for a wagon or sedan.

Thanks MAV

Brian,so far just one has shown up.Still more boxes to go through.

Can someone please check the brouchure pages I believe Mick has on the Web?I'd like to see if they show a Standard model in any of the brouchures.

I'm a little tired right now at 3:++ AM from my night job-Vintage Subaru parts inventory man.I'm sitting here late at night as best as I can getting the parts out one by one and looking up the p/n's in the FPM's I have.

00_00001.JPG

:D

sorry,it's late,just loving having spent time with all this old stuff.Well,I said it before,back when I got into the dealer's loft I found,and I'll say it again.I wish all of you guys could score like this,really.To find NEW parts for my '73????!!!! :lol:

You're killing me with these pics! :) I want everything. :eek: I have two new finds on the horizon: A 73 Spligate wagon and a 76 4-door sedan. Both are very nice. Which sounds more fun? I'll probably have to pick just one.

BT

You seem to be just like Todd and myself.You'll be finding some hidden treasure soon,I'm sure of it.Call those old dealers who started back in the early 70's.Talk to the employees who've been there a long time,if possible.Sometimes you'll find that a few dealers have sent their old stock to one particular dealer,and if and when someone shows up needing old stock at any of those dealerships they call the one holding the stock.I know that happened up here,and I'm thankfull for that.

Easiest way to find out which dealerships have been opened since the 70's is to look at your dealer locator book included with your 70's Subaru owners manual.

Go for the '76 and leave that '73 for ME...:D

I'm toast,good night,or morning....

I have the 76-79 brochures, and I don't see anything specifically called a STD or Standard in any of them. Just DL's for the basic models.

I think the black trim turn signals are a 78-only thing, and I think the 78's are black trim only! The 76-77 models all have the round headlights with the signals in the grill, as we know, but the 78 brochure I have shows all models having the black trim turn signals, and none of the 79 models have it. I also checked the 80-81 Brat and there's no black trim signals on those either.

My camera isn't cooperating with my computer right now, but I'm gonna take a picture of my 78 brochure anyway, and see if I can get CVS or somebody to get the pics out of my camera and burn them on a CD.

I have the 76-79 brochures, and I don't see anything specifically called a STD or Standard in any of them. Just DL's for the basic models.

I think the black trim turn signals are a 78-only thing, and I think the 78's are black trim only! The 76-77 models all have the round headlights with the signals in the grill, as we know, but the 78 brochure I have shows all models having the black trim turn signals, and none of the 79 models have it. I also checked the 80-81 Brat and there's no black trim signals on those either.

My camera isn't cooperating with my computer right now, but I'm gonna take a picture of my 78 brochure anyway, and see if I can get CVS or somebody to get the pics out of my camera and burn them on a CD.

Thanks,but don't go through too much trouble.

What about Mick's brouchure web page?

Oh,here it is:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/Literature/brochures/brochures-80-89.html

But I don't see the 70's.

• 3 weeks later...

76 and 77 had the different front-end, the turn signals mounted in the grill, inwards of the headlights.

Like Mick said, 78's appear to be all black, and 79's don't show any black ones, only silver.

The Brat for 80 and 81 only has silver too.