Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Window Cracks

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Knichol

Knichol

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Deming

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:00 AM

Have any of you noticed cracked windows that start in the corners of the windshield and come out roughly at a 45 degree angle?
Ever since I lifted it and started off-roading these cracks have appeared. I am assuming this is due to body Flex sooo…

Has anyone put in sub-frame connectors to try to stiffen the body up at all?

If so, did you set them up in the body pan (cutting involved) or just leave them flush with the bottom?

#2 WoodsWagon

WoodsWagon

Formerly 91Loyale

• Members
  • 3,945 posts
  • NH

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:58 PM

You're in washingotn, so I assume that the car isn't rusted out? There's a bit of body flex, but nothing bad enough to crack the windshied on my loyale. I've twisted the front of the car soo bad that the bottomg end of the steering column where the u-joint is bent, so I've flexed the body to the furthest extreem and the windsield didn't crack. My car straightened it's self back out moments afterward too.

#3 4x4_Welder

4x4_Welder

Just a guy

• Members
  • 1,131 posts
  • Rexburg, ID

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:55 PM

My ex's New Beetle Convertable cracked the windsheild twice from chassis flex, and I've popped a windsheild out of a Mazda truck the same way, so it is possible. The EA82 cars are a lot more substantial than the EA81s, so I can see that happening.
I don't know if connectors alone would fix this, I am building a full cage with connectors for mine to prevent any flex, but I have been told that's overkill.

#4 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,591 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:18 PM

Ever since I lifted it and started off-roading these cracks have appeared. ?

were do you go wheelin, lets get together

#5 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,386 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:27 PM

always an optimist scott.:grin: and kenny, it would be really rad to see you at the show....just a couple of new things on monstaru you haven't seen:banana: and as far as the windshield goes,a certain part of a spark plug can crack it the rest of the way if you want to get it out easier.:lol: hope you find a solution.cheers,brian
oh, and i still have that screwdriver

were do you go wheelin, lets get together

#6 Knichol

Knichol

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Deming

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:07 AM

Scott - Up just past Glacier there are some good trails. They don't get used much too much so bring a chainsaw. Plus if you like old mines there are some pretty spectacular ones. Also up off of the Mosquito lake road, pass the one way bridge, there are some simple hill climbs. There are countless other trails on Sumas and Black mountain that if you can get keys to gates are fun. I found the best way to get keys is to offer to pack out trash! I have been able to get a key for almost every area just by packing out trash and not riding on freshly replanted areas. Also if you like road trips we go to some places West of Yakima, Nachias? I never looked at the spelling of the name.

Monstaru – I don’t know if I will make the Subaru show but I will probably make it over to Spokane soon. Would love to see the Monstaru! You ever get that old chev running? And what is this screwdriver you speak of?

#7 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,941 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:21 AM

Posted Image

#8 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,386 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:16 PM

Posted Image

whats that,i can't hear you......

and kenny,the screwdriver,well forget about it.the chev, gone...traded it for a nissan diesel..no SHOW! damn man.some people's kids.:grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users