Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Window Cracks

Knichol

Have any of you noticed cracked windows that start in the corners of the windshield and come out roughly at a 45 degree angle?

Ever since I lifted it and started off-roading these cracks have appeared. I am assuming this is due to body Flex sooo…

Has anyone put in sub-frame connectors to try to stiffen the body up at all?

If so, did you set them up in the body pan (cutting involved) or just leave them flush with the bottom?

You're in washingotn, so I assume that the car isn't rusted out? There's a bit of body flex, but nothing bad enough to crack the windshied on my loyale. I've twisted the front of the car soo bad that the bottomg end of the steering column where the u-joint is bent, so I've flexed the body to the furthest extreem and the windsield didn't crack. My car straightened it's self back out moments afterward too.

My ex's New Beetle Convertable cracked the windsheild twice from chassis flex, and I've popped a windsheild out of a Mazda truck the same way, so it is possible. The EA82 cars are a lot more substantial than the EA81s, so I can see that happening.

I don't know if connectors alone would fix this, I am building a full cage with connectors for mine to prevent any flex, but I have been told that's overkill.

always an optimist scott.:grin: and kenny, it would be really rad to see you at the show....just a couple of new things on monstaru you haven't seen:banana: and as far as the windshield goes,a certain part of a spark plug can crack it the rest of the way if you want to get it out easier.:lol: hope you find a solution.cheers,brian

oh, and i still have that screwdriver

were do you go wheelin, lets get together

Scott - Up just past Glacier there are some good trails. They don't get used much too much so bring a chainsaw. Plus if you like old mines there are some pretty spectacular ones. Also up off of the Mosquito lake road, pass the one way bridge, there are some simple hill climbs. There are countless other trails on Sumas and Black mountain that if you can get keys to gates are fun. I found the best way to get keys is to offer to pack out trash! I have been able to get a key for almost every area just by packing out trash and not riding on freshly replanted areas. Also if you like road trips we go to some places West of Yakima, Nachias? I never looked at the spelling of the name.

Monstaru – I don’t know if I will make the Subaru show but I will probably make it over to Spokane soon. Would love to see the Monstaru! You ever get that old chev running? And what is this screwdriver you speak of?