Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cruise control

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xoomer

xoomer

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  • Burien

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:25 AM

So whats up with the Cruise control.. Whats the number one cause of failure? could it be the stop light switch telling the car that the brake is engaged??

or maybe the switch?? I get the switch to light up but when I hit the button on the steering wheel nothing:confused:

#2 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,603 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:14 AM

its not a simple system, but it is very robust. It can be a failed relay, bad brake and or clutch switch bad speed control unit.

nipper

#3 gbrand

gbrand

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • fort worth area

Posted 27 October 2006 - 06:09 AM

little rubber button on clutch pedal that activates clutch switche-it wears out, and your system thinks the clutch is pushed in all the time. Inspect, and if so glue a button or something to the pedal to take its place. Worked for me...

#4 JimDandy

JimDandy

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

little rubber button on clutch pedal that activates clutch switche-it wears out, and your system thinks the clutch is pushed in all the time. Inspect, and if so glue a button or something to the pedal to take its place. Worked for me...

Wow, I was all set to have to do a full troubleshooting flowchart on my 2003 Forester, since the cruise stopped working. It was that little rubber plug missing. Once it's gone, the switch button neatly fits through the hole in the clutch pedal arm. I have to say, I don't understand this design at all.

I put a couple of thin, felt sticky pads (furniture pads) over the hole, and cruise is working as it always did. Thanks, gbrand.:burnout:

#5 pierman2

pierman2

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Bradenton FL

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:47 AM

Wow, I was all set to have to do a full troubleshooting flowchart on my 2003 Forester, since the cruise stopped working. It was that little rubber plug missing. Once it's gone, the switch button neatly fits through the hole in the clutch pedal arm. I have to say, I don't understand this design at all.

I put a couple of thin, felt sticky pads (furniture pads) over the hole, and cruise is working as it always did. Thanks, gbrand.:burnout:

Ried the same fix on my manual 99 forester and it worked like a champ. Thanks USMB!!!:banana:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users