Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So whats up with the Cruise control.. Whats the number one cause of failure? could it be the stop light switch telling the car that the brake is engaged??

or maybe the switch?? I get the switch to light up but when I hit the button on the steering wheel nothing:confused:

little rubber button on clutch pedal that activates clutch switche-it wears out, and your system thinks the clutch is pushed in all the time. Inspect, and if so glue a button or something to the pedal to take its place. Worked for me...

• 1 year later...
little rubber button on clutch pedal that activates clutch switche-it wears out, and your system thinks the clutch is pushed in all the time. Inspect, and if so glue a button or something to the pedal to take its place. Worked for me...

Wow, I was all set to have to do a full troubleshooting flowchart on my 2003 Forester, since the cruise stopped working. It was that little rubber plug missing. Once it's gone, the switch button neatly fits through the hole in the clutch pedal arm. I have to say, I don't understand this design at all.

I put a couple of thin, felt sticky pads (furniture pads) over the hole, and cruise is working as it always did. Thanks, gbrand.:burnout:

• 7 months later...
Wow, I was all set to have to do a full troubleshooting flowchart on my 2003 Forester, since the cruise stopped working. It was that little rubber plug missing. Once it's gone, the switch button neatly fits through the hole in the clutch pedal arm. I have to say, I don't understand this design at all.

I put a couple of thin, felt sticky pads (furniture pads) over the hole, and cruise is working as it always did. Thanks, gbrand.:burnout:

Ried the same fix on my manual 99 forester and it worked like a champ. Thanks USMB!!!:banana: