Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Replacing Rear Struts

Not hard at all.. 2 bolts on top. One on the bottom.. top ones are 17 mm.. can't remember what the bottom one is.. very easy if you are swapping the whole thing at once.. harder if you have to transfer the spring from one strut to the next, you will need a spring compressor for that.

easiest with compressed air and a big 1/2 inch impact gun - man i miss working at a shop.

you wont have to compress the springs in the rear, ive done plenty of these on loyale cars and never had to pull a compressor out, theres just not enough tension in the rear...just unbolt the top, remove and replace.

enjoy

Originally posted by Dennis ex24

you wont have to compress the springs in the rear, ive done plenty of these on loyale cars and never had to pull a compressor out, theres just not enough tension in the rear...just unbolt the top, remove and replace.

enjoy

Wow dennis, I'm going to have you come over and o mine next time I need them done.. the past 2 times I have done it, there was more than enough pressure to put an eye out without a spring compressor(keep in mind I am referring to removing the springs from the strut.. I know you know that dennis, but I didn't want to confuse anyone)

Pardon my post jacking, but I'd REALLY like to know.:brow:

Originally posted by StormTrooper

Little FYI- Honda accord springs will give you a couple of inches of lift if you use their rear springs in the subaru assembly...

What years, model, etc?

Thanks

And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread........:bday:

• 5 years later...