Ultimate Subaru Message Board

VA, MD, help me represent old school at a Subaru club meet

The VA /MD Lightning and Impreza owner's clubs are teaming up to do a meet at Cooter's in Sperryville VA. I am leaving the Impreza at home for this one and taking the BRAT. If anyone else can come along and help represent old school you are most welcome. I am going to be meeting up with them in Warrenton VA on the way to Cooters. If you are interested in joining us there here is the info:

Per ButtDynos suggestion, I am happy to announce here that we have our fall 03 Cooters Cruise coming up Saturday November 22nd. As you may have heard by now, Cooter is moving to Tennesse after November is over. So this will be our sendoff cruise for Cooter. The cruise will be in conjunction with the Northern Virginia Lighting Owners & Performance Enthusiasts club, so our goal is to have at least 50-75 cars and trucks in attendance. Help spread the word as it is open to everyone!!!!!

For those that have never went, Cooters is a small place in Sperryville VA where Cooter (aka Ben Jones) hangs out, signs autographs, takes pictures and they have Dukes of Hazzard memoribilia for sale. He is an extremely down to earth guy that is very easy to talk to. Maybe we can get a picture with him in a Lightning doing a huge burnout or something._ The cruise takes us through Gainsville, out past Warrenton into Sperryville. Skyline drive is just a few miles past Cooters for those that wish to continue on. Also, there are several winerys along the way.

Anyway, here are the details for the_Fall Cooters Cruise:

When:_ Saturday November 22nd

Time:_ Meet in Manassas at 10:15AM

Where to Meet:_ Parkridge Center Parking Lot (Old Navy, Hoyts Theatre shopping Center)

NOVA Departure at 9:15AM from the Kingstowne KOHLS Parking Lot in Alexandria!

Depart to Cooters:_ 10:50AM Sharp

Description:_ We will be getting in cruise formation at the Shopping Center parking lot._ There is easily room for 50-100 cars and trucks at the parking lot._ Our goal is to have 75 or more vehicles participate._ We will get in cruise formation(driving directions) at 10:45AM and leave promptly by 10:50AM._ We will take the same route as our past_cruises to Cooters Garage in Sperryville VA._ Driving directions to Cooters will be available at the meet point._ Alma (Cooters wife) told me that she had the parking_reserved for us again._ So we have room for everyone._ Also, the Food Shack will again be open!!!_ They will be serving hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, fries, catfish and BBQ._ It takes approximately 1 hour to get to Cooters._ Once there, you will be able to meet and greet with Cooter, take plenty of pictures, buy Dukes of Hazzard Gifts and food._

Please Invite anyone you think would like to participate! And as with any Crossroad Event, we dont give a damn what you drive, BRING IT!

I hope to see you there on the 22nd of November

i used to do the cooter for my dodge shelby, would be fun to see ben agian, if im not in my driveway working on one of my soobs then ill be there, i usually catch up as the cruise passes by, as driving to manassas and thenm back is a bitch, buit sperryville is closer to me than manassas, so me and my impreza might be there

If your up to it, you are invited to stop by my house for some beer and Space Invaders on Sunday.

22734 is the Zip for your mapquest pleasure.

And I would love to see that 360. That IS my next major project, I am stuffing a Hyabusa engine and tranny in one (turbo'd of course). 240Hp, 7 speeds and a 12,000rpm redline.

Gonna have my desert camo, 6 inch lifted BEAST out on Shoe Creek and Big Levels in Nelson County this weekend!!!!!

If anybody gonna be out that way.. look me up.. I am hard to miss!!!

I would love to meet up, and that would be such a cool thing to do, but the wife and I got back together about 3 weeks ago, and this is our first camping trip together since we were split up for almost 4 months..

anyways..

if I can swing it,, maybe I will be by..

but I think this is gonna be a little far from where I will be (south of Waynesboro).

talk to you later.

Mike

(Lostwater's Twin Brother)

mikldom@yahoo.com