Ultimate Subaru Message Board

soob wagon price expert...

I have an 87 5 spd d/r. 107k. did some wheel well work, waiting on a rocker panel from millsupply. De-emmissioned, exhaust has 2 inch mostly, and gave it a glasspack at the second resonator. Hitachi carbed, brand new alt. I paid 500, everything is good except for the complete cycle of windshield wipers and am going to get that soon.

Stronger than original, sits tall. power steering, no a/c and rides quieter with my custom wheel wells which were undercoated. Have other metal repairs with thin aluminum also feeding what I call weak spots for an lsd (unlabeled oem) 4wd.

$1500 seems very realistic for this thumpy runner (it is strong). Never seen hard core offroad. paint code 749 has a duality. pinkish/brown most of the time brown.

here is some photos:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2520730

some yahoo put a +1 vote on custom paint, it is still oem and the trim by door handles professionally removed/filled and car was repainted.

I personally think it is worth more, learning soobs and different models for 10 years now, the carb engines are my favorite.:)

I seem to be fixing all for myself, and am curioius about a selling price...

excellent lift kit candidate, and look good with it too.

i picked up a 1992 Loyale wagon with a/c, MT, PT4WD, 108,000 miles, in great condition. runs perfect, clutch is tight, SPFI, everything works. blue book value for tax purposes was $1,600. cars are worth what someone is willing to pay for them...i didn't pay anywhere close to that "blue book value"...or even half of that value. but i suspect i could sell it around here for about that. i suspect most users in the older generation forum do not pay top dollar for vehicles so you'll need to define what you mean by "how much is it worth?". worth to who? me, about $200. street value.....depends on your area, i suspect soobs would sell well in maine like they do in my area, $1,200.

These are good points, and a frustrating subject for car builder/repair. My worst example was an 84 chevy monte carlo with an ss front and rear bolted up, swapped the tallest gear in the rear for free, 305 HO heads for free on a chevy 350 block for free (over 10:1 just bolting oem parts they never put together), with the 600 holley for free, and proceeded to go down the highway at over 150mph...on a metric auto oem and the free lifted cam.It let the tires loose at 70 on the lsd slapped together. Sold it all for 200 bucks with doubts from the purchaser.Another bizarre priceless was an old chevelle I put a 100 buck 350 in and ran 10.4 after a wheelie at the local drag. Hilarious. Crazy world. Put a BMW logo or mercedes and something retarded sinks into walletts. :lol:

As for soobs... I got a 2wd sedan for free, and it ended up being the fastest common sense soob I had ever driven. Priceless to keep, and gave it away after totalled. The current soob I am guessing, after stuff I do to it for the short onramp takeoffs, comfort, strength (really emphasized- I even thought of a v8 project for a wagon after learning what the driveline does to the body and how easy it is to turn several hundred pounds of weak into tons of strong- with 5 lbs of sheet steel) and knowing what subaru kept dainty all along now gone.... It is better just to drive it to the end with a silent smile. :)

The mentality of blue book sometimes keeps a person like me buying the "unthinkable". :burnout:

I would give $800, and know its worth contently. I posted this about other soobs, similar answer.I never spend alot on a vehicle, regardless of sales incentive. They are all like toilet paper and the world is an rump roast (I hope that wasn't too rude).

There are two values to anything...............

The value to the person who owns it and the value to who wants to buy it.

Usually the sale of an item only happens when those two values are similar.

It would take a very special Subaru to find a home in my yard at the moment, it's value probably being my life, as I *think* my wife would shoot me, if I added a 4th.

What is a '87 DL wagon worth?

I bought a '88 DL in 1999 for $100, needed a half shaft

2 weeks ago I bought a '92 Loyale for $80, it's "tough", but I can fix it.

If a car, no matter it's age, or make, is capable of being a "driver" as is (NO fixing required) and will stay that way for a period of 1-2 years, and not shame you by leaving puddles of oil, or rust, then that car has to be worth $1000-1200 (to me, because those are the "numbers" I figure it costs me to get a $100 clunk there).

These "numbers" change the more "desirable" a car is. I live in a place where an old Subaru is not very desirable.