Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ventshade/ Window Deflectors, any of them fit?

Guest EOppegaard

I know offically Ventshade says that there window deflectors do not fit any subaru models however does anyone know if one of them actually does? My friends have them on their trucks, and I love the fact that you can keep some air moving while keeping the rain out!

• 7 months later...

I've seen a few up here in Montana. They are long and run in one piece to the rear of the back door (I've seen wagons only). Don't know where they came from tho. I've been hoping to find one I can chase down and ask, but they've always been going the other way.

If I recall the post, they came from England, so-oooo maybe these were down from Canada, eh?

Originally posted by EOppegaard

I know offically Ventshade says that there window deflectors do not fit any subaru models however does anyone know if one of them actually does? My friends have them on their trucks, and I love the fact that you can keep some air moving while keeping the rain out!

How can you have window deflectors on a car with frameless windows? They would have to attach to the roof and not come down far enough to interfere with the opening/closing of the doors.

I have them on my 1996 Impreza Outback, dealer item, about $130 or so. They mount on the body of the car so they do have a rather narrow profile, but I can have the window open a bit in the rain.

They were hard to get when the car was new so I think they would be almost impossible to find now for any older car.

Dave

They were a dealer add on for my '98. Service dept said they no longer install them. I was told that it was common for people to grab hold of them when exiting the vehicle and ripping them loose or breaking them. Then expected warranty replacement. Mine have been on since '98 without problems.

dean

Funny, i was just going to ask this question in the old gen forum. I'm not a big fan of airconditioning, and was trying to figure out if there was any kind of wind deflectors out there that fit. Hopefully someone can come along and enlighten us folks that like to have the windows cracked even when raining.