Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Ventshade/ Window Deflectors, any of them fit?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_EOppegaard_*

Guest_EOppegaard_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2003 - 03:19 PM

I know offically Ventshade says that there window deflectors do not fit any subaru models however does anyone know if one of them actually does? My friends have them on their trucks, and I love the fact that you can keep some air moving while keeping the rain out!

#2 EOppegaard

EOppegaard

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Madison, Connecticut

Posted 10 March 2004 - 02:57 AM

Anyone use these on their cars? What sizes fit?!?

#3 mtsmiths

mtsmiths

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

Posted 10 March 2004 - 04:25 AM

I've seen a few up here in Montana. They are long and run in one piece to the rear of the back door (I've seen wagons only). Don't know where they came from tho. I've been hoping to find one I can chase down and ask, but they've always been going the other way.

If I recall the post, they came from England, so-oooo maybe these were down from Canada, eh?

#4 hklaine

hklaine

ShadeTree Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Hunterdon County

Posted 10 March 2004 - 08:37 AM

I have seen the same ones, though only on wagons and never in stores. Same deal. Long, one-piece style, doesn't come down very far. Please post if you get any leads.

-Heikki

#5 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,941 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 10 March 2004 - 10:43 AM

Pretty sure they were a dealer option.

#6 myles

myles

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • New York

Posted 10 March 2004 - 10:49 AM

Originally posted by EOppegaard
I know offically Ventshade says that there window deflectors do not fit any subaru models however does anyone know if one of them actually does? My friends have them on their trucks, and I love the fact that you can keep some air moving while keeping the rain out!

How can you have window deflectors on a car with frameless windows? They would have to attach to the roof and not come down far enough to interfere with the opening/closing of the doors.

#7 EOppegaard

EOppegaard

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Madison, Connecticut

Posted 10 March 2004 - 06:50 PM

hmm, this brings up a good point....frameless eh.....well then, guess I will have to figure out some other way to keep air circulating and rain out!

#8 hklaine

hklaine

ShadeTree Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Hunterdon County

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:19 PM

I am pretty sure they were a factory option, and I did find some sources for them in the aftermarket but they were all for 2000+ models. Still frameless I believe?

-Heikki

#9 dave1rr

dave1rr

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Denver

Posted 10 March 2004 - 08:37 PM

I have them on my 1996 Impreza Outback, dealer item, about $130 or so. They mount on the body of the car so they do have a rather narrow profile, but I can have the window open a bit in the rain.
They were hard to get when the car was new so I think they would be almost impossible to find now for any older car.

Dave

#10 lsr3177

lsr3177

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Western Washington

Posted 10 March 2004 - 11:38 PM

They were a dealer add on for my '98. Service dept said they no longer install them. I was told that it was common for people to grab hold of them when exiting the vehicle and ripping them loose or breaking them. Then expected warranty replacement. Mine have been on since '98 without problems.

dean

#11 BlueTrain

BlueTrain

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • MisSOULa

Posted 11 March 2004 - 12:45 AM

Funny, i was just going to ask this question in the old gen forum. I'm not a big fan of airconditioning, and was trying to figure out if there was any kind of wind deflectors out there that fit. Hopefully someone can come along and enlighten us folks that like to have the windows cracked even when raining.

#12 cookie

cookie

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,058 posts
  • SFO

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:25 PM

Oz. I think they used to sell them there in accessory shops.
Any Kiwis or Ozzies on duty to tell us today?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users