Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cruise control install question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eryque

eryque

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:46 PM

I bought the parts to install cruise control for my Impreza. All were OEM and from someone else's part-out.

I finally got it installed and overcame all the mechanical challenges, but the system won't even turn on. I'm hoping someone here will be able to help.

Here's what I installed:

-Cruise Control computer
-Control switch on steering wheel
-Servo
-Vacuum nipple for intake manifold.

Am I missing another part? Is there something else I need to do? I checked the fuse and it is good.

#2 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,541 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:07 PM

I dont know if you need a brake switch and a clutch switch.

nipper

#3 eryque

eryque

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:36 PM

Wouldn't those have already been wired in? The wiring harness for the computer and servo were.

There is a 2nd connector taped to the existing brake switch, but it doesn't fit the female half that's installed.

I wonder if there's a different computer for the MT vs. AT? I'm not positive which type this came from.

#4 rverdoold

rverdoold

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:42 AM

I wonder if there's a different computer for the MT vs. AT? I'm not positive which type this came from.

Yes there is, on the yellow sticker on the cruisecontrol computer it shows AT or MT. I am not sure if they will not work if installed with the wrong gearbox.

#5 Suby Skier

Suby Skier

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

You need the brake switch and clutch switch if it is a manual tranny. I believe that there are seperate connectors for both. I also assume that you installed the master switch on the right side of the steering wheel on the dash this will light up when selected.
Also check the fuse box. It is probably fine because it shares the same circuit with somthing else I believe.

Also check the column control switch to make sure the pins line up. Some have 4 pins instead of three and then only two pins line up.

Good luck,

Ken

Yes there is, on the yellow sticker on the cruisecontrol computer it shows AT or MT. I am not sure if they will not work if installed with the wrong gearbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users