Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FYI Rock auto

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 7point62fmj

7point62fmj

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Mondamin

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:34 PM

They are haveing alot of manufacture close out parts (at least for my brat) on sale right now and if you can put up with a 30 day warranty you can get them even cheaper.

#2 markjw

markjw

Elite Master of the Search Function

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • Lacey,Wash.

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:52 PM

I just received two Beck/Arnley, loaded calipers from them on the close out deal...Great looking items at less then half the cost locally.

#3 Frank B

Frank B

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,226 posts
  • VA

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:11 PM

Just looked and it seems like only the Beck Arnley parts are closeouts. Not a good sign when an international parts company is no longer selling our parts!!!

#4 msteel

msteel

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Greenville, SC

Posted 05 October 2007 - 06:57 PM

It might not be as bad as B/A dropping Subaru parts. I was just there getting parts for my Geo (Toyota) and it appeared that you could get closeout as well as non-closeout on some of those parts too. I interpreted that to mean that one of their suppliers was closing and wouldn't do warranty, but that their other sources were carrrying on normally.

#5 mikeshoup

mikeshoup

Ignorant

• Members
  • 2,190 posts
  • City and County of Denver

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:21 PM

I doubt B/A would stop supplying Subaru parts. All's they do is just repackage parts from various suppliers. One of their suppliers is probably just closing out.

Thus why I got a clutch kit for $90 for my Turbo Wagon.

#6 Frank B

Frank B

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,226 posts
  • VA

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:42 AM

I hope that's all it is.

#7 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,704 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:58 PM

Yeah i hope it's nothing bad?? but i'm with Mike, Why wouls B/A stop makeing parts for Subaru??? It's just one of there suppliers closeing out... Keep your fingers crossed:grin:

#8 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:34 PM

well i placed my order today for the closout BA water pump for my Brat. Yes, the brat i just got started to leak at the pump, right after i changed the coolant. It was leaking a little before i changed it, but the new fresh coolant has dislodged whatever crap was in the pump. It looks old anyway. will update on what the closout pump is about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users