Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Intake Gasket Failure (Fixed W/ Pic)

Ran across this..... receipt for 4 EA series single port manifold gaskets. Just to give you an idea of just how badly your dealership screwed you on parts:

$2.66 each is what I pay at my dealership!

GD

Did anyone ever tell you you're an rump roast? :grin:

Well Rick, there really isn't much I can do besides trying to lowball the dealership into giving me a discount.

But on a more serious note, exactly how does one go about obtaining this sort of love from the grabasstic dealership parts counter???

Knowledge of this sort would be very nice to pick up :cool: (it would save on shipping, too.)

Well - No sales tax in Oregon, so that helps I suppose.

As to how you go about getting the parts counter to love you long time...... not really sure but I'm sure it has at least something to do with the management. Could also be related to the laid-back attitude of people out here.... the Hyundia dealer was very good to my friend when he needed 8 quarts of tranny fluid at $12 each - got them for $6.45 each wholesale.

Must be something in the water :)

PS - not trying to be an rump roast..... just very concerned about how badly other dealerships are treating people. It certainly doesn't make you want to go there to buy a car knowing that all they care about is making an extra $7 off some poor guy with a 20 year old car. In my opinion it would be better all around for them if they weren't so bitter and tried to create a customer rather than just a guy with a broken car.

GD

PS - not trying to be an rump roast..... just very concerned about how badly other dealerships are treating people. It certainly doesn't make you want to go there to buy a car knowing that all they care about is making an extra $7 off some poor guy with a 20 year old car. In my opinion it would be better all around for them if they weren't so bitter and tried to create a customer rather than just a guy with a broken car.

GD

I was just being funny anyhow, hence the smiley.

Alot of these places need to pay rent on real estate that has a higher than ambient value; that, at least, is justification enough for some parts price inflation in MY neck of the woods, and most dealerships are located in relatively higher traffic areas. At least the 300 percent markup is on the $2 item and not the $20... hopefully.

In this case, its a moot discussion anyhow, since thepartsbin only charges 3.99, and will ship orders over $50 free.