Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello, I have a 1994 legacy with stock stereo and and cd player. The Cd player quit working.

My question, can a radio/cd player from a newer subaru fit, ( I know the wiring is different) if so which ones, Also is my legacy the same from 1990 to 1994, what years are the same as far as parts go, thanks in advance

I'm out in West Linn (Oregon City) about 20 miles south of Portland. I have a 90/91 stock Panasonic 80 watt with the front AUX port that's currently in my 94 wagon. I'll let it go for $40 if you like. It's in good cosmetic shape although it does need some of the bulbs replaced that light up the buttons. Works great though and will drop right in. I also have the DIN pocket that replaces the CD player and gives you some storage space under the deck (has a flip-up door, and came on models without a CD player).

With this setup you don't have to do any wireing (direct plug compatible), and you don't need a CD player as you can just plug in your MP3 player or portable CD player directly to the deck. Also gives you a storage pocket and looks stock so no one will want to steal it :rolleyes:

GD