Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2000 outback abs light read/clear

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:11 PM

Well first off I gotta say I'm really dissapointed in Subaru's Onboard Dio systems. Its a sad day for technology when you cant read a code off a system with a Genysis or Motus scanner, reader.

Anyways according to motus it says I have to ground out a pin on a connector under the dash.. I looked under there and found bout 10 connectors that are unplugged. What color is the connector and how many pins/wires does it have? Its on a customers car and I told them to come back to the shop today so I could read/clear the system.

Supposed to ground out pin 6 to read the codes and then ground out the pin 3 times in 12 seconds to clear the system correct?

So yea, location/color of connector and numbers of pins would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance

#2 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,836 posts
  • WV

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

i recently did this on a legacy and didn't have any problem finding everything i needed here, including links to the appropriate endwrench articles detailing everything. my first time diagnosing and repairing ABS was a cinch. if i could recall anythign i'd tell you, but with a few searches you'll find it (just don't use "ABS" or any other 3 letter acronyms in the search - though you can try *ABS or ABS*, just to give it 4 digits.)

#3 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:55 PM

Yah but with the high dollar scanner, I can adjust shift patterns, check every single thing I can imagine on the engine. I'm just saying theres not reason why they couldnt have intergrated the abs and srs systems in to the ecu. Especially in a 2000+ car

Now that I know where to look it'll make things alot easier. the guides that I found said it was on the side side of the steering column (wheres thes a bunch of unplugged pigtales)

thanks for the advice

#4 OB99W

OB99W

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,315 posts
  • Ithaca

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:07 PM

See http://endwrench.com/images/pdfs/IdentifyInfo.pdf and http://endwrench.com/images/pdfs/ABS.pdf
to identify the type -- it's probably the 5.3i .

The connector and "ground probes" or "diagnostic terminals" are usually taped to the harness in the area above the accelerator or brake pedal.
The correct pin number may vary with model year. On a '99 I'm fairly sure it was pin 6 of a black connector, but on a '00 it may not be. See http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=79971 , especially post #20.

EDIT:
For '99 and some earlier models, black connector B82 is the right one, and pin 6 is correct. See http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=80437

#5 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,920 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:47 PM

The Select monitor can communicate with the ABS controller on that vehicle. I don't know, I had no issues reading codes from my '00obw using the method in the service manual to flash out the codes. My issue turned out to be a poor ground from the ABS module on one of the power steering reserviour bolts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users