Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What to do with wrecked 84 gl sw

Well it had to happen, New CV axle.. Check. New Muffler. Check. New Radiator...Check, Teenager + ditch = rolled 3 times. After the tow slide it off the ramp. I had to plug the neg wire back to the coil. It started up with me reaching in the door window and turning the key. That door is never going to open again. I figure the engine and 5 speed are OK. Anyone know what model years I can stuff this 4 banger in? Its a 1800cc with a the lovely hitachi Carb.

Flowers can be sent for the memorial service being held under the big oak tree on Subaru Hill...... for the car..... the kids sore but are Ok. Seat belts rule.. SC

As long it it didnt run upside down too long, and all the damage is body

Cut off the top (keep a fire ext. handy!) pull the doors.

Next weld up a full cage, and use it as a jumper thrasher.

This situation is how/why many build a truggy.

Or find a brat with a bad motor and use it as a donor.

-Sam

That is an awesome idea. I could keep it street legal. I think all I need is Windshield and blinkers . are there some pictures of one somewhere? I live around the Chattanooga tn area if anyone has a brat body.

That would be so funny driving a convertable station wagon . I'm going to bang out the bent rims and see if I can hold some air in the tires

I guess the car would taco if I cut the roof with out the rol bars Huh? SC