Ultimate Subaru Message Board

tire sizes

Hey all,

what tires would fit on a loyale with a 2" lift I don't have the wheels yet but I am looking at a set of 15" Pugs I have read conflicting things on what fits I would like to do little or no trimming or bashing. Thinking of a set of Uniroyal Liberators from wallyworld seems to be the best bang for the buck. This is a low $ daily driver. Thanks for your input.

-Jake

Alot of good info in the sticky... But did not really answer my question. All the talk of tire sizes but no one says how much lift or trimming they have. I did find something here [url="http://offroadingsubarus.com/faq.html"they say 25"-26" tire with no lift or trimming 28" with 2" lift and small amount of trimming I guess I was looking for some personnal experiences on what actually works I would hate to go out and buy/mount tires only to find that more work would need to be done to make them fit I am not opposed to a little trim here and there to get what I want but I would like to know what I am getting into before I make my choice. Obviously I am not looking an putting 30" tires on a Loyale with a 2" lift although it looks really cool I am looking for biggest I can get away with, with the smallest amount of trimming and bashing and rubbing. So that being said... What do you think. I am skeptical about the 26" with no lift or trimming.

Thanks.

-Jake

i have a 2inch suspension lift on my 86 wagon, also running a 215/75/15 wheel/tire combo, i had to trim and bash in the fenders. tires come out to a 28inch tall basically.

so with a stock wheel well you should be able to run a 26", or a 27 with minumal cutting/bashing.

Yeah, I'm thinking a 205/70/15 is about the biggest without trimming. And still I bet that would rub on the rear part of the front wheel wells, and the front of the rear wheel wells. Almost no getting round a little trim. An pnuematic cut-off wheel is a great tool for that. Sawzall can work but it can beat the ************ outta the fender too.

Problem is, that with or without lift, the radius of the wheel well is too small to go bigger without trimming.

If you can find a set of 14inch wheels (2wd 80's nissan and mazda, trucks, Chevy luv wheels, early isuzu trooper) I would recommend that. Cheaper tires.

And actually you can ussually find full sets of snowtires used one season on Legacies for $100 bucks. 195/70/14 is stock legacy size and would fit great with no trimming.

And actually you can ussually find full sets of snowtires used one season on Legacies for $100 bucks. 195/70/14 is stock legacy size and would fit great with no trimming.

I put this size tire on my '89GL with no lift, and it was okay... little bit of rubbing on the front of the rear wheel wells, and on the front of the front wheel wells on turns -- just barely.