Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

twin cities subaru people in the know.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gritle

gritle

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • minneapolis

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:02 PM

Any suggestions on a good place to have an insepction done on the east metro. I'm hoping to not spend more than 60.

I am lookng at a 2005 outback with 82 k miles. does this sound safe. Do they start breaking down at 100K.

#2 chef_tim

chef_tim

Romans 5:8

• Members
  • 4,780 posts
  • Renner, SD

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

Just remember, the ones that don't make it can be taken quietly out of state to SD and sold to me for ridiculously low prices :lol::banana::lol::banana:

#3 elcaminokurt

elcaminokurt

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Owatonna, MN

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:16 PM

It's not unheard of to get 200,000 miles on a Subaru! After 100,000 mile, you will want to think about replacing your timing belt. Other than that, its just normal matinance items like any other car. And you will love the AWD in the Minnesota winters! Good luck! Kurt

#4 biggman100

biggman100

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Addison, N.Y.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:13 AM

I have had subarus that have lasted well over 300k, as long as you do the routine maintenance. I currently have a 93 legacy wagon with 265k, a 94 legacy wagon with 302k, a 1998 legacy gt wagon with 225k, a 2002 legacy with 235k and a 2001 legacy wagon with 157k (my wifes, she babies it). All were bought by us used, but i am particular about doing the maintenance at least 500 miles before it is due, and except for the 98, which needs head gaskets again because i am, as my wife says, too rough with it, i havent had to do any major repairs to any of them. I also make it a habit to change the timing belts 10000 miles before the recommendation in the owners manual.

#5 Subaru_dude

Subaru_dude

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  • Morristown, TN

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

Anything that's a 2005 is gonna last well past 100,000. Of course Subaru is no exception. As a matter of fact they're as far from that exception as vehicularly possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users