Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2" Lift kits for EA82?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,065 posts
  • WV

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:08 AM

Tom,
I'm installing essentially the same kit. I have a Legacy GT steering coupler i'm going to try first. I'll let you know how it goes, but it'll be a couple weeks before I get to mine so you might beat me to it.

I see slight variances in your kit and mine, anyone know what that is?
http://www.ultimates...3316#post833316

#27 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,519 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:19 AM

When I used a 1" spacer on my Brat, used a OB steering shaft, it fit perfect. I dunno if it will be different because it's a Loyale or not.

#28 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,755 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:47 PM

JesZek, sorry to hear that aswell :( I hope you can put enough money together so you can do a lift too!

Gloyale, oh thanks for that bit of info :)

Gary, yea I've seen ur thread :) Hmm has diffrences hey, I'll cheak out the thread :) good luck on the build though! I'm hoping to do it on july 4th, so we'll see. I'll post what I experience and some pictures aswell.

Bratman, I believe the Brats shaft is a bit longer then the EA82s. also IIRC the Brats axles are at a steeper stock angel?

btw, in my picture. you see the 4 bolts for the rear plates. are those the same as the bolts in the rear struts? If so, I'm going to go to Ace and buy 4 more so I can just use all new bolts for the rear.. Also how does the stock rear bolts screw in? is there a nut or not?

-Tom:cool:

#29 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,755 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:28 AM

Ok found my answer in my Chilton manual, I guess the rear strut bolts just screw into the wheel well (No nut on them) Good easier! =]

-Tom

#30 grossgary

grossgary

• Members
  • 20,065 posts
  • WV

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

Finished installing the 2" lift on the XT6 this morning. I had to deal with the air suspension lines and fittings.

I only installed the strut extensions and I don't have any axle rubbing.

I do have axle vibrations coming out of a turn. The XT6 I believe is already strained because the 4WD ones sit really high off the ground, probably higher than any stock EA vehicles.

The axles though are new, but store bought aftermarket, so I don't trust them anyway. They were on there when I got the car. I've got a set of MWE axles I'm going to install. If they don't get rid of the vibration I'll install the rest of the front lift components. Actually I'll probably install those spacers for sure, just a matter of when. I was hoping to drive it like this for awhile since I'm rather busy right now.

#31 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,519 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:32 PM

I think we would all love to see pics!!!

#32 grossgary

grossgary

• Members
  • 20,065 posts
  • WV

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

it's probably more exciting not seeing them, this thing aint pretty, it'd be a buzz kill to post pic's (and take time).

#33 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,755 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:08 PM

Well whos Subaru is anything to look at, anyway? Lol

I would like to see pictures. :banana:

#34 grossgary

grossgary

• Members
  • 20,065 posts
  • WV

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

Well whos Subaru is anything to look at, anyway? Lol

since that's the funniest thing i've heard all week, i'll post pic's.
here:
http://www.ultimates...6164#post836164

#35 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,755 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:46 AM

Oh very nice! Gonna be getting Turbo Forester wheels huh, Cool!

So after you install the adjust switch, you'll be able to extend the shocks even farther? Or will the Axles rub then?

#36 grossgary

grossgary

• Members
  • 20,065 posts
  • WV

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:38 AM

Oh very nice! Gonna be getting Turbo Forester wheels huh, Cool!

So after you install the adjust switch, you'll be able to extend the shocks even farther? Or will the Axles rub then?

being how large those wheels/tires are i want to make sure the air suspension is nice and tight. i actually have to bend the air strut dust shield on the front air struts for them to fit on my old XT6. i doubt the car would move with those wheels if the air struts leak down. although the 2" lift may help, i should try it just to know.

no rubbing at all right now, i'm not really seeing anywhere they're going to rub though on the XT6. even with the height switch i don't think they'll rub.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users