Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'short circuit'.
Found 2 results
hey all, I recently acquired a 1990 legacy. Drove it for a couple days, then all of a sudden I'm driving along and all of a sudden the car dies instantly with all electrical gone. Checked the battery and alternator and both are good. Tracked it down to the fusible link in the underhood fuse box, which had blown. So i grabbed another one, put it in and as soon as i hooked the battery up it blew up. Pulled all the fuses in the box, put in another and smoked it too. So i'm at a loss. I'm new to Subaru's, anyone have electrical issues like this before? I don't know what would be upstream of the fuse panel that, with all fuses removed, would be smoking this fusible link like that. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Hello, Is this a common problem with a common fix? Does anyone know the reason for this? The 15 amp fuse that keeps blowing out is for ECC, Room, Stop. Stop is the brakes, Room is the interior, so what is ECC? I thought to look at the brake pedal switch, but dont know where it is.