Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy Hi/Lo Gearbox names & money required

kiwishooter

This is where it is at at the moment for this to proceed.

The cost per gearbox landed in Seattle will be approx US$350, this final price will be dependant on how many are required.

I figure I can fit 6 gearboxes in 1m3 which would end up at the above figure and possibly 10 into 1.5m3 which would still end up at the above figure.

Untill I purchase the gearboxes and build the box to put them in I will not be 100% sure how many will fit, but if the final cost is more than US$350 per gearbox then I would come back to the group.

One problem I have is I am not going to know the exact final shipping costs until I have purchased the gearboxes and tried to fit them in the box.

So taking all this into account who wants one of these gearboxes and is prepared to send the US$350 to Scooby?

I want "Yes I will" buyers not I may want one.

I need at least 6 gerboxes sold before this deal can proceed..........Ian

Edited by kiwishooter

At this point I want definate buyers, if there aren't enough buyers then the transaction is cancelled.

Also I have not purchased the gearboxes yet and all are still in cars so the way I will work it is

At least definate buyers for 6 gearboxes are required by September the 30th.

If you want me to purchase the gearboxes then at least the cost of the gearbox has to be with Scooby before I purchase them

Once this happens I will purchase the number of gearboxes ordered and give the dismantlers time to remove them.

Final payment to Scooby before the gearboxes are ready to ship.

Photos to Scooby who will transfer the money to my friend in Indiana who will then transfer it to me, once the funds are in my account I will pay the freight company and get the gearboxes shipped.

If this is unsuitable to some then please don't order, if the required number of buyers aren't forthcoming by 30th Sept then the deal is cancelled.

Once again I am not making money on this and all I need to do is cover my costs, so my part of the work will be done in available time. I don't need to do this and the only reason I am is to help those who want a Legacy Hi/Lo ratio gearbox...........Ian

Edited by kiwishooter

yep, let me know i can supply the paypal info and get it transfered.

i still need kiwi's friends infomation thats in indiana so i can then forward it to him.

honestly i need some more info on when it will arrive here in seattle and i want to make sure im not gonna have to fork out a bunch of cash for the customs.

i honestly i will not proceed until i get a final cost involved so everyone is known on how much they need to invest.

because yes its about $350 for the tranny shipped here to seattle, but there still is the cost to send it from me to the people that im getting them for. which is usually anywhere between 150-300$ for freight.

i want to see a real count of the amount of people that are going to buy, if there is not enough interest then i personally will not buy the 1 or 2 for myself.

so once i get the contact informaion for every part involved then i can proceed on my end. there needs to be more communication between all parties involved.

right, but the duties are owed at the port they are received.

AND,if the classification is wrong, they are changed on the spot,and the items in question are held until they are payed.

i guess i would like to know what HST category the transmissions will be shipped under,and if it is correct for the items in question.thats all.

cheers, brian

Edited by monstaru
forgot to sound like a smartass.....

Well I need to do an update, the NZ dollar has been climbing against the US dollar and is now hovering around the US$0.72 per NZ$1.00.

When the price for the gearboxes, freight and the all charges etc were worked out it was at US$0.66 per NZ$1.00

Now what this means is since the quote for freight etc is valid for 14 days which runs out on Monday the 28th, after the 28th the price of freight etc will increase.

But at this point the only thing that has increased is the purchase price of the gearbox, at US$0.66 the price was US$198 and at US$0.72 the price is US$216.

So effectivly the exchange rate has added US$18.00 to the purchase price of each gearbox.

The exchange rate is totally out of my control, but I would need to recoup the extra costs as there is no profit for it to come out of and then after the 28th if the exchange rate stays where it is the freight costs etc will increase.

This is just pushing the price of these gearboxes up.

At the end of the day it is the purchasers choice if they buy a gearbox but it is up to me to make the buyer aware of all things that will affect the price.

One other thing I learned today is that the person at the wrecking yard I am buying the gearboxes through is only there for another week before he ceases to work for the company, so I am going to have to ask the new manager when he starts if I can still purchase the gearboxes at the same price.

Subartex, I can get grey interior trim for you.....Ian

still ive been left out of the loop, i NEED the guy here in the states contact information. i need to know what day they crate will arrive, i need to know what duties i will have to pay when i pick it up.

ive been left out of the loop and have yet to been contacted by Ian about anything.

as of right not im on pause until i get some kind of communication about what is going on. i said i would be able to receive, thats fine but i need to be kept in the loop other wise im not receiving anything.

any news?like, did he get ahold of you shean? to tighten things up?

as i see it

TEX

ME

SHAWN W

TOMSBRATS

possibly you SHEAN......

guess it depends if this guy wants to answer questions.or are we just doin it?like, some solid info would be sweet.cheers,brian

Sorry I have been busy working, had one worker decide he wanted to play with trains so he quit and is going to work as a shunter for NZ rail.

Brian, sorry I didn't answer this earlier, anyway the category and all paperwork would be done by the freight company that is handling the shipping, as I have said (i think) the price included everything from my door to Scooby's door in Seattle.

Scooby, I need to see if this is going to proceed, but the crate would be delivered to the address you gave me. I have no set dates for anything as yet, please read below. You would have no duties freight or anything to pay is what I understand from the transport company. Jim my friend who would handle the money transfer would have nothing to do with the gearbox shipping as he lives in Indiana.

Now to refresh a few points

1/ With the fluctuation in the exchange rate the price of the gearbox in US$ has increased. NZ$ has gone from US$0.66 to US$0.72

2/ The quote for the freight expired on the 28th and now with the fluctuation in the exchange rate the freight will also increase.

3/ The person I was doing the deal through at the wrecking yard finishes working there tomorrow. And since the gearboxes are still in vehicles I doubt if he could remove six or seven gearboxes in a day.......I am hopeing the person replacing him will sell me the gearboxes at the same price, but I won't know until next week

Number 3 is the big issue as the cheapest I could find Legacy D/R gearboxes elsewhere was NZ$650.

As long as we have buyers for six gearboxes the only difference in price would be due to exchange rate fluctuation......providing I can still buy them for the same price, but I won't know that till next week.

I hope this answers a few questions and hopefully I will have firm answers about everything next week.......Ian

BTW anybody looking for a job working on auto transmissions and wants to live in Dunedin NZ?????

Edited by kiwishooter