Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Extremely high idle

• 2 years later...
i figured it out i hooked up the vacuum lines all crazy so i redid them and it runs fine

Thanks guys

hey guys i just got a 87 gl wagon its carb. D/R and the idle is high, it starts up fine an idles fine with the choke on but when im driving after its warmed up i noticed that the idle jumps from about 1000 rpm too anywhere around 2500 rpm when i put the clutch in too shift. any suggestions?

I'm working on a ea82 carbed that has the same kinda thing going on.

When the car is started, the autochoke/start idle speed is really high. When I kick the throttle down it goes down to almost nothing/ wanting to die. Is the idle adjustment screw on the front of the carb? Or is that the start idle adjustment? Where is the other screw?

:horse:

so i just rebuilt my 1987 gl wagon Ea82 Carbed it starts up but the idle just keeps going up and up anybody have any ideas about what this could be?

Thanks in advance for any help!:banana:

Check the speed adjustment screw (the one that sticks out, on the front near the throttle side of the carb), if you tighten this, it will slow the idle... until it goes so far in that it props the throttle plate open. I learned that one the hard way. :banghead: Also, make sure nothing else is holding the plate open.

• 1 month later...
Check the speed adjustment screw (the one that sticks out, on the front near the throttle side of the carb), if you tighten this, it will slow the idle... until it goes so far in that it props the throttle plate open. I learned that one the hard way. :banghead: Also, make sure nothing else is holding the plate open.

what happen when you did this?