Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 1.6 To an EA82T

What i need to buy and do to convert my EA82 1.6 to put a turbo unit on it.

I can buy an turbo unit with 185K. Seems to be in fine shape, spins fine, no detectable shaft play, vanes in good shape. This is one that Andy FitzGibbon is selling, but i need to know all the stuuf that i have to do to have a turboiç engine.

You have an EA71 not an EA82. These were commonly put in the EA82 body in markets outside the US. You would need to do a lot of custom work to do a blow-through carb setup. Custom turbo exhaust, custom intake, and proper rejetting of the carb just to name a few. It's no small task but it can and has been done.

GD

• 1 month later...

Yes, I am almost Sure that he Has the Latin American Version of the Loyale, which came here available with This Engines: 1.3L (EA63 for the Sedan DL wich were only 4 Speed Manual) and 1.6L (EA71 for the Sedan GL and the Coupe DL) and 1.6L (EA71 for the Wagon DL), 1.8L (EA81 For the Wagon GL) and 1.8L (EA82 or EA82T For the Wagon GL10) but the Buyers were able to Ask Different Engines and Drivetrains for Each model, so there were more Combinations.

But Just for information let me Tell you that it exist the EA72 Engine! ... :eek: ... as Far as I Know, some Prototypes were built, Basically it is an EA82 with just 1.6L of Displacement, it has the Timin' Belts and the Looks of the EA82.

Brief information of it can be Found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_EA_engine

So, JPA-GL1986 if you Believe that you have the 1.6L Version of the EA82 please Upload Some Pictures of your Subie's Engine in Order to Help you identify it more Accurate.

Kind Regards.