Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 4" Lift Issues

()__1337_CRAYOLA__()>

OK for those of you with power steering how the heck do i make the almost 90 degree connection on the steering.... and also i have a lot of camber in the front now.... what causes this i put it in the way it was suppose to but i have A LOT of camber..... and my DD is down till i find out a way to connect the steering i know someone knows!!!! this is a SJR lift aluminum strut extensions and aluminum diff drop plate with box steel spacers

Edited by ()__1337_CRAYOLA__()>

many people put the strut blocks on the wrong sides... remember that they have to bring the strut in a little, not out...

not sure about the steering extension... thought you could just lengthen the connector... maybe stick an extra universal joint in there?

the 4 inch steering extension is easily modified by cutting the steering linkage in half, and adding 4 inches of extension material, be it tubing,or rod.

it will be tight, and will look like it won't work.but it will, and you may have to "clearance" the u-joints a little.

cheers, brian

Have you had your steering shaft extended? I installed mine yesterday but I

don't have the total length. I knew I should have measured that before I hooked it up.. I could measure it, if you need it. I don't have power steering and have one joint in the steering shaft after it exits the firewall.

I'm not familiar with any differences you may have with a power steering setup..

btw- this is my first lift to install so my experience is very limited. :-\

gadberry

i finally figured out the steering.... the power steering is a completely different beast compared to the manual rack on my brat i ended up having to take a inch off the steering shaft and taking 2 rubber couplings to connect a shaft in-between to make my steering work without binding.... all is well i figured everything out thanks everyone

yes.....it is,,,,that will break under stresses that would make your mom squint.(if she is anything like my mom, it does not take much to squint)......

cheers, brian

i am telling you,just extending your shaft and clearancing your ujoints would work.it has been proven many a time.power steering or not......

is it really that bad....

DSCF1389.jpg

I tried something similar to this one time when I was a kid. . . It broke after a few hundred miles while I was making a left turn at an intersection. I had just been racing down the cliffs along the ocean on hwy 1 in SoCal before it broke too. Made me realize that steering is kinda important and not worth taking any chances. Trust me when I say this WILL break!

• 2 years later...