Ultimate Subaru Message Board

shuttering at 35 mph in loyale?

What would cause the car to shutter at precisely 35 mph? The car just turned 38, 000 miles. It does stutter or bog a bit when cold when first starting out in the morning, but do not notice it at any other time. The shuttering can be felt through the gas pedal, like it is either the automatic transmission or possibly a fuel starvation issue or? I am not a mechanic and do not play one on TV so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Had the tires checked and the alignment checked as well. The CV joints are in like new condition along with the struts. It definitely appears to feel like a mechanical or drive train deal. The thing feels like its shaking apart along with the feeling that the drive train is faltering. Could torque converter give that kind of impression?

Rev the engine while parked in the driveway to whatever rpm is equivalent to 35mph. No vibration and the problem is restricted to something that rotates while the car is in motion.

I did that test and could not get it to make the vibration. I will go back to the tire store on Saturday and have them double check the balance of the tires. Thanks.