Ultimate Subaru Message Board

From our cousins ...

nipper

From the good people at *gag* Toyota

(source Autoblog)

A social media tool and soon-to-be mobile app, the trail tracker allows you to find and upload info on trails across the United States. And it isn't just for wild, rocky hellholes either (that's the 4Runner on the Rubicon Trail above) -- you can upload and find scenic drives and fire roads that lead to great surfing spots.

If you want the world to know what you did when you got there -- or how you manged to get out -- you can post photos and video to the site, as well as upload GPS data. The Trail tracker website is live now, with about 29 trails nationwide at the time of this writing. It's intriguing that one of the vehicles that led SUVs out of the wilds and into suburbia is now playing the Pied Piper to lure folks back into the woods. At least now maybe we'll get to see what it's really got.

http://www.trailtracker.com/

nipper

IOWA search for trails on that site: no trails found

:dead:

i tried. i was not too surprised.

i rate the ....cough ....yota site fail based on this.

you other fun guys will be happy to get something.

i disagree.

It is a site that has users post their favorite trails. Since it is brand new people havent had a chance to add to its library yet. It's like calling wikipedia a failure after its second day....

"Simply, Trail Tracker is both a user-generated trail guide and an interactive tool geared toward improving the planning and sharing of off-road excursions. Drivers can create visual interactive trips by uploading GPS data and photos"

and GOD i hate that inane "fail" raiting.

nipper

Yeah, it must be new.. look at Northern California. We have world class trails all over, but nobody has put any up there. I dont have the right coordinates or pictures, or else there are 4 trails within a 150 mile radius of me i could add. I think i'll pass this link around to some of my other wheelin buddies and have them add stuff.