Ultimate Subaru Message Board

another usmb new guy

Hey guys, i've troleld around the boards here for a couple days, figured i'd interoduce myself.

Names spencer, i live in Clatskanie (out between astoria OR, and Longview WA). Been driving a 1990 loyale since 2002, been my only vehicle for the majority of that time, and my daily driver for all of it.

I'm just now venturing into the realm of lifting it up a little, which has lead me to the boards here. I've replaced the Engine, and Trans both in my subby...the engine had to go, but tranny was a miss-diagnosed wheel hub i'd ground the gears off. other than that, my mechanical knowledge of the subby is fairly limited.

I would have liked to go on the Xmas tree run, but didn't find it on the boards till 12pm the night before, and wasn't anywhere near ready/informed to go. i'll be keepin a close eye out for other events though...would like to meet some other subby nuts and see in person what kind of stuff is availablle to do to mine. so if anyone is headed out to the mountains this winter and want to pull a stock loyale with em, lemme know:). hopefully by spring i'll have everything lined up to garage the subby for a week or two and lift it up.

i'm looking forward to picking some subby brains, and offering any knowledge i might know to those that need it.

Welcome to the bored *ahem* I mean board!

Sounds like you're a lot like everybody else here.

Since you're in the western half of the US, I would talk to Scott In Bellingham

(SJR) Or TheBeastIDrive (Bill Omlin aka BOSS) about that lift you're looking at.

They both produce good quality lifts.

If you have any Q's feel free to post in Old Gen! :)

Twitch

I'm recently relocated from St Helens... I've been through Clatskanie many times. ... even if I can't spell it. :D

I know there's lot s of members in the Portland metro area, and I think a few in Columbia County. There's also a big group across the river in Washington state. I'm sure you can hook with any number of them.

You're in good company here... lots of good info, humor and help.