Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New video series: The Art of Subaru Maintenance

Aside from snow donuting and self documentation, I broke out the video camera to document a 5spd swap on a 92 loyale, and everything in between including engine seals and timing belts. I have made 10 episodes so far, and there will be about 10 more with the 4 hours of tape i have.

I anticipate shooting more, cv axles, changing noisy lifters, and eventually spfi harness swap onto a carb 86 3door. i finlly have a decent mac computer running windows and pinnacle studio to make my videos

#1 is going up right now, i have thru #5 up already, thru 10 by the end of the day, and thru 20 once i finish editing

i'll be adding the videos to www.economysuperstar.com/milesfox/subaru/service.htm

and linking them on the USRM by category

watch for them on www.youtube.com/milesfox

watch them in a row to see the order in which it happened. i'll make playlists according to certain jobs as the videos are categorized by a multitude of specific tasks

here is one that is up now

let me know how thay watch and if you have any suggestions for what to include or what should be in the videos(captions, subtitles, procedure lists, etc.)

Sounds like a fun project!

I would try to come up with a way to hang your light overhead to avoid the contrast and lens flaring that you get from shooting into the light. I know you have to be able to see the work you're doing :grin: but I work in a digital lab so I can't not-say such things.

If you want to shoot a 4-corner wheel bearing replacement video, come on over to Spokane :lol:

This is so awesome :banana::banana::banana: You have definitely raised my confidence level when working on these cars. I can now watch what needs to be done so I have a way better idea of what to do. Thank you. This is fantastic! I have already watch all 5 you have posted so far, and they are great! Keep it up man. Thanks for all your hard work. I for one might donate to this site just for this as soon as I have some money. This is soooo worth it's weight in gold. Thanks again!!!

this was my car receiving the swap. I agree with you eulogious, I've read up on this stuff alot lately, but the difference in reading vs hands on and now watching makes a world of difference especially for someone who hasnt ever done anything like this before.

i gotta say tho.. if it werent for Miles bein local and accomodating. i'd probably still be rollin the 3at. :eek:

• 3 weeks later...