Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally some pics of my new 86 gl!!

backcountrycrui

Now that the car doesnt actually stink like a mouse nest, heater is working, Car is timed and running pretty darn well, I figured it is time for a couple pics. There is NO rust, only a couple of small dents in the body, one pretty good sized on in the fron bumper. All in all I like it WAY MORE than my loyale. Not just because of the DR, but because the interior is more comfortable, there is more legroom. The seats are nicer and there is a dead pedal in the 86. Making it way more comfortable on long drives.

What do you think:banana:

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

Actually:rolleyes: I have a set of toyota wheels that I redrilled for my loyale. Ive been diligently searching for a used set of 205 something 15's to 215 something 15's. It is a shame that I cant fit 235's under a two inch lift, there are lots of those tire for decent prices. I have the 2 inch lift built, Im no machinest but I think they will work. :banana:

Mike

Jeff,

Do the 235's slow you down much more than say 215 75 15? Im not really good with a sawz all type tools. I think I would be better off using explosives. Talk about room for your tire:banana:. I think I remember a post about trimming. Ill have to search for it. I want to keep the wagon looking decent. Not sure I want to take a chance.

Thanks

Mike

I got a two inch lift on my ea81 with 235s and I really don't think you need to cut that much. I'm running 14s but still, if you measure the amount of guesstimated travel and follow the compression travel of the tire you can work up a template like a pencil on a string to mark your cut and be 95% done by the time you find a monkey with a steady hand to cut. You will know for sure where your tire will end up on full compression and what tires you can get away with with no cutting. :banana: Even a banana can do a jig!:lol: (sometimes?)

If you do consider this option, I could help with the trimming and keep it looking decent. I'm pretty good at working metal (bodyman 8yrs). I trimmed/reshaped my wheel wells quite a bit, while still keeping it some what factory looking with no exposed cut edges. Just a thought.

Jesse